Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2017

SoundTouch 10 Stereo pair with AUX

Hi!

I am wondering whether I can pair up my 2 SoundTouch 10 speakers with AUX. I was able to pair them up with the SoundTouch app and it works just fine with Spotify but when I switch to AUX(2.5mm stereo input on one of the speakers), the speaker won't play until I had to unpair them. If I were to do a stereo set-up with my 2 speakers, what should I do? Thank you.

David

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 Stereo pair with AUX

Hi David,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your setup.

Once you separate the Stereo pair and start playing AUX to one speaker, are you able to then create a stereo pair and have it work?

Are you plugging the AUX cable into the main speaker of the stereo pair?  

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Brandon, Which one would be the primary/main one?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2017

Hi Brandon,

Just tried your method, and I happened to find a new option for choosing the aux input from either of the speaker. Basically, it works. But the delay is well over two seconds which is unacceptable. Am I able to seperate the speakers and play their own aux input from the seperated stereo output source to minimize lag? Even then I notice a slight delay but its okay for me I guess.

Yuxin

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thanks for the update.  You can separate the Stereo Pair and play audio to each of them, and that should eliminate the lag.

@amos The primary speaker would be the one that you select as the left speaker.

Thanks,

Brandon