hetatu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

SoundTouch 10 WiFi Connection Problem

Hello! 

I've had problems with my Soundtouch 10 two speaker setup pretty much from the start (over a year ago), where I every now and then lose connection and have to do a series of reboots and re-setups to connect them again. However, now I can't connect them at all anymore. I've tried re-booting my router and the speakers several times, followed all suggested steps of re-installing on the Soundtouch app, but nothing has worked. For unrelated reasons I got a new router as well, but that didn't resolve the issue either (no connection with old or new router). These speakers are now completely non-functional, so hoping you could help me out here.

When I re-set everything through the app, usually it can't find any speakers in my network. Nothing has moved, they're 10-20 feet from the router in a different room (this setup used to work). I see the speakers' own networks on my phone and can connect to them, but it doesn't help with the setup. At times during the setup my phone keeps shuffling between my house wifi and speaker wifi, and brief warnings of "Dropped out of speaker network" or something similar flash, the cycling continues, and there is no connection. Sometimes the setup just stays in "Looking for speakers" mode for as long as I wait (around 15 minutes until I've given up). 

Please let me know if you can help and if you need any further technical details. Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch 10 WiFi Connection Problem

Hi hetatu,

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the issues, but would be happy to help!

Can you let us know who you internet service provider is as well as the make/model of the new router?  There may be some settings we can change to resolve this issue for you.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

hetatu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Thanks Tony, glad to hear! We have netBlazr and Linksys Max-Stream AC2600 MU-MIMO Smart Wi-Fi Router.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi hetatu,

Thanks for the update!

Can you try and change the DNS servers to Google's public servers?  The primary (DNS 1) would be 8.8.8.8 and secondary (DNS 2) should be 8.8.4.4.  HERE is a link that will go through this step by step.

Let us know if this helps with the detection issues.

Warm Regards,

Tony A

hetatu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Tony,

Didn't seem to help. I also tried the OpenDNS addresses, same thing. I can see the speakers in my network but the SoundTouch app still somehow can't properly connect to it. Any other ideas?

hetatu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Update to previous: I can connect to one of the two speakers with Spotify connect. The SoundTouch app still doesn't find any speakers in my network. I've tried reinstalling the app, doesn't help. I'd still like to connect my two SoundTouch 10 speakers into a pair, but since the app doesn't find them, this is challenging. 

Dutchpats
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Tony,

I have problems playing music on my 5 Bose speakers.

The living room is the only one that makes a sound. Can you please help me?

I used to have major problems not being able to "play all", but now I can only play in the living room which is not where I sit.

Thanks,

Patsy

Community Manager

Hi hetatu,

Thanks for giving those steps a try.  Can we try and login to the router and split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz?  Once we have this split, can we try and connect all the devices to the 2.4ghz band?  Also, if there are WMM or QoS settings, let's see if disabling this helps as well.  

Hi Patsy,

Could you please provide us the make/model of your router and internet service provider as well?

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Dutchpats
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Hi Tony,
Router is a Pace 5268ac from AT&T
Patsy
Community Manager

Hi Patsy,

Thanks for the info.  Can you try these steps here?

• Open a web browser and go to dnssearch.rr.com
  • Click Preferences to the right of the Search button
  • Under "Web Address Error Redirect Service", select Disable (Time Warner Cable is inactive)"
  • Click Save Setting
  • Disconnect power from router for 30 seconds

Let us know if this helps to resolve the issue.

Warm Regards,

Tony A