cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philruff
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2018

SoundTouch 10 and 30 have difficultly being found by SoundTouch app - WIFI issues

I just want to share a couple of related solutions that took me a long time to sort.

Symptom 1: cannot find one of my speakers. I have a SoundTouch 30 and 10. Very often I can only find one or the other. Maddening.  Worse, the one I cannot find is often streaming music from the internet. How could that be?

Well....it turns out that the speakers were on different WIFI networks.

I had made the mistake of moving my speakers from HughesNet powered router to a Verizon powered router. Yes, I am in the countryside. What I did not realize is that the speakers still had the HughesNet SID and password after I programmed them into the verizon router. So, sporadically, the speakers would to whichever WIFI was available quicker or other reason...bottom line, they were on different WIFI networks. Since the WIFI the speaker is connected to is NOT displayed anywhere on the unit or in SoundTouch, I was just frustrated and resorted to power cycling, etc.

Apparently, I learned from the community that the only way to get the speakers to forget a WIFI network is to do a factory reset.  This worked, but also this is where I ran into other frustrations.

Symptom 2: factory reset setup causes errors in SoundTouch app that it can no longer find newly setup speaker

While doing the factory reset, the SoundTouch app had difficulty following the speaker after the WIFI settings were entered. It turns out that I had ‘auto rejoin’ for the home network disabled. This is because my WiFi is either satellite or cellular, so I want my phone to use its own connection.  In this case, it is obvious that the Bose SoundTouch app assumes the device configuring the speaker is also allowed to jump to the WIFI that was just entered into the speaker. Once I set ‘auto rejoin’ back to the on state ( this is in the settings for the iPhone - WiFi - there is a ‘i’ for information next to each WiFi network. Click it and you will see an option to auto rejoin or not).

I hope this saves somebody the hours I spent figuring this out...

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 and 30 have difficultly being found by SoundTouch app - WIFI issues

Author Accepted Answer selected by philruff

Hi philruff

Thanks for the great post! It should help a lot of users with similar problems.

Regards,

Tony-Community Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 and 30 have difficultly being found by SoundTouch app - WIFI issues

Author Accepted Answer selected by philruff

Hi philruff

Thanks for the great post! It should help a lot of users with similar problems.

Regards,

Tony-Community Support

View solution in original post