cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynnette01
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2017

SoundTouch 10 and 30 won't play content from my T.V.

So, I may have made a costly mistake. I purchased a SoundTouch 300 soundbar and Acoustimass 300 sub woofer. Hooked them both up to the t.v. and they work great. I thought if I purchased (2) SoundTouch 10 and 30 speakers, I could hook them all together and play content from the television. They all play internet music together. But the 10 and 30 won't play when I'm watching t.v.? Am I doing something wrong? Or, are the 10 and 30 not compatible with television?

3 REPLIES 3
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 and 30 won't play content from my T.V.

Hi Lynnette01, 

Currently, TV audio can't be sent to other systems, but we are working to bring it to systems that will support it for the future. Our product line manager spoke about this HERE as "AUX rebroadcast" as well as a timeline for its implementation. 

Thank you 

tomhafkamp
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Hello Brent,

I'm new and got two bose soundtouch devices (10 and 20). As i'm planning to buy the soundtouch 300 and the subwoofer i want to make sure that in the future I can add my soundtouch 10 and 20 to this devices when i'm watching TV to make it 5.1  I've been looking on the internet and at the moment it is not possible. Does the aux broadcasting future make it possible to add them? I'm not sure if that's the future he's describing. I hope to hear soon from you. 

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi tomhafkamp, 

Thank you for the great question. Aux rebroadcast will allow you to send an external sources audio to all of your speakers (record player, cd player, etc), but isn't slated to allow the 10 and 20 to work as dedicated rear speakers. They will be able to play the same audio content as the 300, but won't function as independent rear speakers like our Virtually Invisible 300 speakers do. I hope this helps clarify. 

Thank you