Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 10 and Error 1601

Martin,

I have the same problem. The only way to get songs played is via Fritz Nas media app or sometimes via bose app if I select the files folder and than navigate directly through the USB stick. Selecting songs via mediathek getting always the error message 1601. Same error appear if I want to start indexing of all files.

Regards,

Freddy

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

sehr intressant ist auch das: 

https://avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7390/wissensdatenbank/publication/show/1379_WLAN-Lautsprech...

dieses zeigt das das vorhandene Problem an der Kommunikation der BOSE APP mit dem Router liegt, über andere Geräte kann man nämlich "fernbedienen" 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2018

Hi Brandon,

I bought for a week a Soundtouch 20 and despite a really good sound quality, I was really disappointed not being able to play music from my mediaserver. 

As Fritzbox routers are really spread for all internet providers here in Germany, it is really a pity that it is not working!!!

Moreover, I have some doubts about the fact that soundtouch devices are incompatible with a Fritzbox router because

• My mediaserver is working well (search, explore and play) with all other "mediaserver players" I have tested (Software apps, TV...)
  • With the Bose app, I can explore the files and play music from the mediaserver with absolute path, only the searching function is failing.
  • With the Bose app and a very few mp3 files, the searching function is working again! 
Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

Hi.

Abgeglichen m4a Tracks are from the old iTunes match service. When iTunes changed to Apple music streaming they discreetly locked your m4a (AAC) Music files with Fairplay DRM preventing you from altering the metadata and or playing them on anything other than iTunes, as technically you do not own this music and you are just borrowing them for the length of your contract with apple. This means Bose cannot open them or even read the files and is completely locked out....this problem is not unique to Bose. Have you tried opening the files with another music player ?
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2018

Hi Isadissa,

You are right, the originated post spoke about a first problem by reading m4a files. But my concerns are the second part of the problem, that I cannot search in my streaming media (mediaserver) with the Bose app.

• Search for title: nothing found by Bose app and success for all others services I tried
  • List all artists, albums: fails (error 1601) by Bose app if the music library is big and succeed for all others services I tried
  • Discover "manually" the NAS: works, I can play my music library with it!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

Hi.

So we are talking about the DLNA media server built into the Fritz Box ?

if yes, then it could be a general compatibility problem.

Can you turn on the Samba server with a Fritz Box ?

then you assigne the media drive a letter on windows ?

and add it as a desktop server with the Soundtouch for windows app.. not great but better than nothing