Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2017

SoundTouch 10 and Error 1601

I have my music on a USB stick connected to my Fritz Box 7490 router. This is a very new router which supports all current standards. The SoundTouch App is up to date and connected to the Fritz Mediaserver, but ..

.. there are two problems:

- not a single m4a file is showing up in the App. I have mp3 and m4a files. When a folder contains only m4a files it doesn't appear in the list. If a folder contains mp3 and m4a files it is visible and only the mp3 files show up. I read all posts regarding this topic, but I don't find the reason. There are no protected files. All m4a files have the label "Abgeglichene AAC-Audio Datei" (I don't have the english translation for this)

- when I choose 'All titles' in the App and play them randomly this normally works. But when I try to navigate to a certain Artist or Album I get in 95% of all cases the 1601 error message. In this case I also read all related posts, but couldn't find a solution either. My router has no firewall which I can switch of. In some cases the error message 1602 appears.

Even when I'm just trying to renew the indexes of the sound files I immediately get the 1601 or 1602 error (but the speaker is able to play my music at the same time from a preset button -> All files). I tried to change some files on the USB stick, but the change is not visible in the App.

Martin

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 and Error 1601

Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear about the issues playing music off of the NAS drive.  

If you try to play the music using the SoundTouch app on a different device like a smartphone or tablet, does the same thing happen?

You say your router has no firewall, but does your computer?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2017

Hi Brandon,

it doesn't matter which device I take (MacBook, iPad, iPhone). I switched the Firewall of in the MacBook, also no difference.

What is interesting is, that I can't start the file indexing process in the App because of the 1601 failure. So I followed Thomas advice (in another post) and removed the NAS drive in the App, then I switched of the router for 45 seconds. I added some music files and started everything again. But the App showed me only the old list of files, no change visible. It seems that there is no automatic file indexing process going on in the App. 

Martin

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again Martin,

Thanks for the reply.  So after you power cycled the router and brought it back up, you could see some of the files from your NAS drive in the SoundTouch app, but not the new ones?  Did you still get a 1601 error, or were you able to access folders and play the music?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2017

Hi Brandon,

No, nothing has been changed. I made some more investigations, I switched my other WLAN devices of and started the router again. No change. When I try to access the media through the folders I get sometimes to the content of the folders, sometimes I get the 1601 error, sometimes I get the error immediately, sometimes later. Still no new file index and .mp4 files don't appear in the folder content list (but I found out that .mp4 titles are playing while the App is playing/shuffling all titles).

So all in all it seems to be a connection problem (but Internet Radio is always playing without any problems). I already gave the Speaker a permanent IP address in my router but that didn't help ..

.. so what else can I do? One opportunity would be to force the Sountouch app somehow to index the files (without the need to create a new profile), another one could be to send the log files to Bose.

Martin

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Martin,

Thank you for answering my questions.  I think we should escalate this for investigation by the engineers.  If you could, please follow these instructions to get new log files from the SoundTouch app.  I will e-mail you information on how to send the log files to me.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2017

Hi Brandon,

thanks. I created the text file log with the help of the USB drive and a log 'on the fly' with the SystemLogTool which shows exactly what I already wrote: accessing all titles works in most cases, but navigating through the folders fails. I uploaded the files to dropbox.

Btw, I found out that the RSSI value was described as 'bad' by the App, so I put the speaker right beside the router which raised the RSSI value to 'super', but the connection problems are still there ..

In the router I already set the WLAN settings to max. power and included the channels 12+13 (both 2.4 and 5 GHz)

Martin

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Awesome Martin, thanks for the logs and the update.  

I'll get this escalated and let you know if I need more info from you, or there is new information from the engineering team.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2017

Hi Brandon,

any news about the problem? I updated my SoundTouch Software a few days ago but the problem is still there.

Martin

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hey Martin,

Thanks for the follow-up.  I've spoken with engineering, and they say that since the Fritz Box is not a dedicated NAS drive, it is not specifically supported at this time.  There may or may not be functionality, and they are working to ensure functionality for all devices, but it cannot be guaranteed. 

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon