SoundTouch 10 failed to complete setup and is frozen

4 REPLIES 4
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 failed to complete setup and is frozen

Hi Chrislawing,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about that. Let's try resetting the speaker and starting over,

A factory reset clears all source, volume and network settings from the system returning it to its original factory settings. To restore factory defaults:

• Press the system's Power button to turn it on.
  • Press and hold the system's 1 and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds: All front LEDs glow solid after 1 second; after 10 seconds, all front LEDs blink white .
  • Once the front LEDs blink white, release the buttons to reboot the system. The LEDs light from left to right several times during reboot.
  • When the Wi-Fi indicator glows amber (signaling setup mode), launch the SoundTouch app to connect the system to the network.

If you could please give that a try and let us know?

Tony- Community Support

Chrislawing
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

Hi Tony,

Before posting I had followed all those instructions, including 2 & vol- for WiFi setup. Problem is that as soon as I plug in the speaker 3 of four lites go solid white. WiFi is the only one that isn’t lit. You can’t power off speaker and it will not respond to any combo of buttons being pressed. It’s frozen. The other speaker setup perfectly.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Chris
Chrislawing
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

Hi Tony,

Before posting I had followed all those instructions, including 2 & vol- for WiFi setup. Problem is that as soon as I plug in the speaker 3 of four lites go solid white. WiFi is the only one that isn’t lit. You can’t power off speaker and it will not respond to any combo of buttons being pressed. It’s frozen. The other speaker setup perfectly.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Chris
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @Chrislawing,

Thank you for following up with all the details. The SoundTouch 10 is definitely not acting correctly. I would suggest to contact your local service group to get this resolved. If you go HERE, select your country, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose Contact Us and a phone number will be displayed for service.

Let us know how this works out.

Kind Regards,

Joel