Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2017

SoundTouch 10 not working w/ Spotify

Hello,

I have two SoundTouch 10's connected via Wifi. Everything was working great for about a month. Two days ago, they started failing. They will play anywhere between 1-8 songs on Spotify, then just go dead. 

I'm using these in a bar so this is NOT acceptable. It's literally costing me money every time I have to stop and re-boot. 

I should mention that everthing works fine with Internet radio.

Thanks in advance for any help! I like these speakers and really don't want to take them back. I hope there's a fix! 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 not working w/ Spotify

Hi LaCataTequila,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the SoundTouch 10s.  Are you using the two speakers in "Play All" mode?  I've checked out your SoundTouch account, and it looks like the Wi-Fi signal strength on one of the speakers is of poor quality.  You can check which specific speaker needs to be moved closer to your wireless router by following these steps:

Checking the RSSI signal strength from the SoundTouch® app:

1. On your computer, tablet or smartphone, launch the SoundTouch app

2. Select Menu (≡) Settings > About
    Note: On desktops and tablets, if the Menu icon (≡) is not visible, the slide out menu might already be open

3. Select on the name of the system whose received signal strength you'd like to view

4. The received signal strength will be listed as "RSSI SIGNAL STRENGTH"

If you move the speaker closer and the better signal doesn't resolve the issue, please let me know!

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2017

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your reply. Signal strength is not the issue. As I mentioned, Internet radio works perfectly fine, and when Spotify fails, it stops playing completely (not on one speaker). 

I see now that others have reported this issue with Spotify back in January. I switched briefly to Amazon Music which also plays fine. However, I am not at all satisfied with the selection or interactivity with Amazon. From the other thread(s), I see that the issue with Spotify is ongoing and unresolved. Sadly, instead of purchasing additional speakers for my bar, I'll most likely be taking them back.

Truly bummed,

CJS

La Cata Tequila

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again CJS,

Spotify uses a larger amount of bandwidth than Amazon Music or Internet Radio.  I would really recommend moving the one speaker closer to your wireless router, as this will most likely resolve the issue.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2017

Thank you. I have moved the router right next to one of the speakers. That speaker now has an "excellent" signal and the second speakers signal is "regular." Spotify will not play at all. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2017

Hello Brandon,

I've purchased a relatively expensive Wifi extender, and the signal strength of my speakers is now "good" and "fair," respectively. I still cannot get Spotify to play more than one track on the speakers. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi CJS,

Next we will want to try logging out of Spotify in the SoundTouch account, and logging back in.  Are you playing Spotify music from the SoundTouch app, or the Spotify app directly?

If this does not resolve the issue, next we'll want to try a factory reset on one of the speakers.  Hold down VOL - and 1 buttons on the top for 10 seconds, until all lights start blinking on the front.  Let go, and wait 1-2 minutes for the speaker to reset.  Once we see the orange LED under the Wi-Fi symbol, we can set the speakers back up again using the SoundTouch App.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2017

Thanks, I will try that now. Shoudl I use the SoundTouch app or the Spotfy app? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2017

Logging out, logging back in, and playing from the SoundTouch app results in the same issue - plays two songs and then stops. I will attempt resetting the speakers now. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2017

Factory reset yielded the same result - Spotify plays only 2-3 songs then won't play at all. This is extremely disappointing. Any thing else we can do?