Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2017

SoundTouch 10 speakers reset volume when turned on (version 16.x)

Hey, I’ve recently noticed that my SoundTouch 10 speakers will reset their volume whenever they are turned on. So with the volume set to something lower or higher and the speaker turned off, as soon as I turn it on (using the button on the device, the remote control, or any of the apps), its volume gets reset to volume level 30.

This is obviously somewhat annoying when you have previously set the “perfect” volume for a room, and it just keeps resetting back whenever you turn it on. So instead of just getting back to listening music at the correct volume, you have to manually adjust it every single time.

I assume this change was introduced with the latest 16.x update since the speakers certainly did not behave that way before. I’m experiencing this on all my three SoundTouch 10 speakers, all of them running the version “16.0.9.37890.2412967 epdbuild.trunk.cepeswbld01.2017-08-03T17:07:06”.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 10 speakers reset volume when turned on (version 16.x)

Same problem here. Furthermore, sometimes it resets my internetchannels on startup too. When I check my channels in the app, it will show me the correct ones, but when I look under "recently played" I can see (and hear!) that its something intirely different 

It all began after installing the latest update for the soundtouch. So hope there's a patch in the works? Kinda annoying to have to reinstall everything everytime you power up..

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 speakers reset volume when turned on (version 16.x)

Hi Div1ne
Check this conversation here
Really annoying. I hope Bose will this fix asap!

Cheers
Ndugu