Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2018

SoundTouch 10 stereo drop out

I've got two Bose Soundtouch 10 paired standing on my desk pretty close to each other. When I start playing music on one device there are no problems with the playback. 

However, as soon as I pair them for stereo sound, one of them will randomly stop playing while the other one continues playing.

The speaker that stopped playing will start playing again after a while, but this happens way too often. It really affects my music experience.

Are there any solutions to this problems? Both speakers are always updated asap but the updates didn't affect anything.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 stereo drop out

Hi Jeypi,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

Could you take a look in the SoundTouch app and check the RSSI value for both of your speakers?  You can do this by going to Settings>About, then selecting each individual speaker.

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2018

Dear Brandon,

Sorry for the late reply. The RSSI value for both of the speakers is ".  POOR".

I'm looking forward to your answer.

Best Regards,

Jeypi

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Jeypi,

Thank you for getting back to us with the details.

How far is your router from the systems since signal strengths are at "Poor"? Is there anyway you can move the systems within 5-10 feet of the router and test stereo pairing?

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2018

Hey Joel,

My Speakers are approximately 10 meters away from the router and there's a wall inbetween. Sadly, I can't put them any closer than that.

Regards, Jeypi

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Jeypi,

Thank you for the response. 10 meters is quite a distance between your systems and the router. This could be why the audio is breaking up. If you have the ability to move them and test to see if the issue is resolved with improved signal strength, it would tell us you would need to improve the WiFi signal in that area.

Warm Regards,

Joel