Lerchzeh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

SoundTouch 10 - will not connect out of the box

Hello

I received a Soundtouch10 and out of the box it will not connect to my Google Pixel with the app.  I also tried my wife's iPhone 10 and an iPad.

I also tried installing the Windows 10 app from Bose and it shows me a splash screen - - brand new windows 10 laptop - I just loaded last week so it has not bloatware on it.  I have not even had a chance to get antivirus on it yet.  I also turned off the firewall just to make sure that was not the issue.

I read that I should update the unit with software - however they only put a micro connector and give me the option to buy an adapter from Bose?  Seriously.

Dissappointed - I thought Bose was a much etter company than this.  What I am seeing in all of the posts over the last 12 months in the forums and online - BOSE can't seem to keep these things connected?  I had a plan to get a bunch of these this year to outfit my house.  I am second guessing that decision. 

Can anyone assist?  Is there something I am doing wrong?

Steps of troubleshooting:

1. checked my wifi channels and also the 2.4/5 ghz settings to make sure it is set to mixed

2. made sure I was connected to the BOSE wifi from the unit

3. tried multiple mobile platforms (iOS and Android, Windows 10)

4. disabled security software

5. reset all devices - including my router in case we had a conflict.

6. removed the Bose app and reinstalled on all devices (one at a time)

7. rebooted the speaker (about 10 times)

I don't have the micro adapter to convert my usb stick - its Christmas so I won't be able to get one till tomorrow.   

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Lerchzeh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Re: SoundTouch 10 - will not connect out of the box

after much screwing around I was able to get this to work.  I had to use an Iphone 10 with an older iOS on it that did not have the latest update

Still can't get the Pixel to connect.

Highlighted
RKetch@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Re: SoundTouch 10 - will not connect out of the box

I bought a pair recently and one of them did not connect when I followed the instructions. Tried a variety of options but ended up returning it. Both work now but there are still some issues with playback from the aux input.