SoundTouch 10 - will not connect out of the box
I received a Soundtouch10 and out of the box it will not connect to my Google Pixel with the app. I also tried my wife's iPhone 10 and an iPad.
I also tried installing the Windows 10 app from Bose and it shows me a splash screen - - brand new windows 10 laptop - I just loaded last week so it has not bloatware on it. I have not even had a chance to get antivirus on it yet. I also turned off the firewall just to make sure that was not the issue.
I read that I should update the unit with software - however they only put a micro connector and give me the option to buy an adapter from Bose? Seriously.
Dissappointed - I thought Bose was a much etter company than this. What I am seeing in all of the posts over the last 12 months in the forums and online - BOSE can't seem to keep these things connected? I had a plan to get a bunch of these this year to outfit my house. I am second guessing that decision.
Can anyone assist? Is there something I am doing wrong?
Steps of troubleshooting:
1. checked my wifi channels and also the 2.4/5 ghz settings to make sure it is set to mixed
2. made sure I was connected to the BOSE wifi from the unit
3. tried multiple mobile platforms (iOS and Android, Windows 10)
4. disabled security software
5. reset all devices - including my router in case we had a conflict.
6. removed the Bose app and reinstalled on all devices (one at a time)
7. rebooted the speaker (about 10 times)
I don't have the micro adapter to convert my usb stick - its Christmas so I won't be able to get one till tomorrow.