andlo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 10, 2017

SoundTouch 10 won't connect to new Wi-Fi network (different ISP and ASUS router)

Hi, I've set up a new newtwork with a different ISP (now using an ASUS RT-AC51U router) and my SoundTouch won't connect to Wi-Fi.

I've done a factory reset and tried all the instructions on the Knowlege base.

When I power my speaker the front LEDs blink white and the Wi-Fi LED turns solid amber.

When using the IOS app it can connect to the Bose network but then screen to "Select Network" and "Enter Password" disappears immediatly, jumping back to the "Please wait.." screen. It goes on like this idefinitely.

When using the Windows PC APP it can connect to the speaker through the USB, the "Searching for Wi-Fi Networks" window pops up but it quick closes and it goes back to the screen with the instructions for the USB connection and I have to restart the app to try again.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 won't connect to new Wi-Fi network (different ISP and ASUS router)

Author Accepted Answer selected by andlo

Hi andlo,

Thanks for responding. That is a great question. I was looking through our list of incompatible routers but don't see that particular model. If you've tried all of the steps outlined HERE, I'm curious if you've tried to connect using the alternate method via 192.0.2.1? Here are the steps:

• On the system, press and hold 2 and Volume - for approximately 5 seconds. 
  • On your mobile device or Wi-Fi enabled computer, go to the Wi-Fi settings 
  • Open a browser on your mobile device or Wi-Fi-enabled computer and type "192.0.2.1" in the address bar. This will open a web page hosted by the SoundTouch system 

If this also fails, can you try to set the firewall on the Asus to "Low" and see if that allows the connection? Please, let us know. 

Thank you! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 won't connect to new Wi-Fi network (different ISP and ASUS router)

Hi andio,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with getting your system connected.

After you enter in the Wi-Fi info and password and press "Connect", what happens to the Wi-Fi LED on the front of the SoundTouch 10?  Does it go from blinking white to solid white? Blinking amber?  Solid amber?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
andlo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 10, 2017

When the screen to select the Wi-Fi network shows up it instantly jumps back to the "Please wait.." screen before I can do anything.

Then it keeps in a loop.

Could it be an incompatibility to the asus router?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by andlo

Hi andlo,

Thanks for responding. That is a great question. I was looking through our list of incompatible routers but don't see that particular model. If you've tried all of the steps outlined HERE, I'm curious if you've tried to connect using the alternate method via 192.0.2.1? Here are the steps:

• On the system, press and hold 2 and Volume - for approximately 5 seconds. 
  • On your mobile device or Wi-Fi enabled computer, go to the Wi-Fi settings 
  • Open a browser on your mobile device or Wi-Fi-enabled computer and type "192.0.2.1" in the address bar. This will open a web page hosted by the SoundTouch system 

If this also fails, can you try to set the firewall on the Asus to "Low" and see if that allows the connection? Please, let us know. 

Thank you! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
andlo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 10, 2017

Accessing the SoundTouch system through the IP 192.0.2.1 worked (mobile)!  

Even though I had to select my network again and type the password inside the App, I could proceed with setting up my speaker.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi andlo,

We're happy to hear that this alternate setup method worked for you! Please let us know if you run into any additional questions or concerns!

Best regards,

Brian