Highlighted
acadetem
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

SoundTouch 10 won't play and app update loop

Hello. I know that probably this has been asked before but here I am. I got a SoundTouch 10 on thanksgiving, connected it through Wi-Fi to 2 different iPhones. A few days later, the speaker stopped working with my phone. I tried to connect it again, tried desinstaling/reinstaling the SoundTouch app and nothing worked. So now I actually have a few issues: 

- the app is on eternal loop. Every time I open it, it asks to be updated. Also, it doesn't allow me to "Add a service", which I think is where I should go to add spotify (?); 

- if I open my spotify, the app detects the speaker, shows a message of "Connecting..", but it never does. 

I'm very frustrated with it and hope I can get some help. Thank you! 

10 REPLIES 10
Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch 10 won't play and app update loop

Hi acadetem.

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the setup issues, but I'd be glad to assist!

Since this update loop issue, have you been able to reboot the speaker and router by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?

If this doesn't seem to resolve the issue, I would recommend trying to manually update the system.  The steps can be found HERE.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

acadetem
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

It worked! The app is still asking to update everytime I open it.. 

But at least now I can listen to music. 

Thanks! 

jaydwrightfamily6
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

I’m having the same problem with the app on my MacBook. Really frustrating. Let me know if you get any word.
SteveBeach
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Tried the manual update via USB which went as described and the unti works but still get the upgrade reminder when I start the Bose app - I am using a MAC as well. 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

I am having the same problem. When I launch SoundTouch on my iMac(macOS) I see a notice advising the app requires updating. I hit OK then the updater and app quits. This problem hasn't shown up using my iOS devices. I don't use my Mac to access SoundTouch very often these days so I don't know how long this has been a problem.

Using macOS 10.14.1. I recently installed Clean my Mac X. I am wondering if it might have cleaned something related to SoundTouch out.

Hi jaydwrightfamily6,

Thanks for posting!  Just to clarify, the SoundTouch App on your MacBook is asking to update and looping?  Not a request to update your SoundTouch system, correct?

@rickatk - Thanks for the post.  I don't think Clean my Mac X is causing an issue, unless the other users that are reporting this issue have also installed it.

For everyone that hasn't done this yet, please uninstall and reinstall the app from your computer.

Let me know what happens so we can get this working.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

SteveBeach
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Hi there - removed the app and all the related files (IOS 10.14.01 macbook) and reinstalled the lot - now it works ok on the mac and the looping update alert has gone.

The iphone was previously ok and still is.

Poor software - Bose need to do better, every upgrade since I purchased the ST10 two years ago has been problematic.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

>For everyone that hasn't done this yet, please uninstall and reinstall the app from your computer.

Hello Brandon:

I followed your advice and carried out the nuclear option, removing the SoundTouch app and associated files using the SoundTouch uninstaller app. Ironically Clean My Mac found one file left after the SoundTouch uninstaller app ran - SoundTouch updater app. 

I then rebooted my iMac, downloaded the SoundTouch app from the Bose site and ran the installer. The update loop is gone and all is well.

Thanks for the tip.

Thank you for posting the results rick!

Out of curiosity, do you remember which file wasn't removed?  The SoundTouch Uninstaller should be removing all files associated with the install (except for maybe a few registry files on Windows machines).

Best,

Brandon