swastik82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 23, 2015

SoundTouch 1036 error

Hello Bose Team

Can someone help me? I have a Soundbar 300 and Wave system. Both are properly connected to my home network. The Network indicator for both device is a solid white light. But none of my preset stations are playing on either device. I tried restarted the devices, even swtiched off my router and on again. I keep getting error message "We can't play that right now. Please try again later. Error 1036". In my soundbar 300, when i select the Soundtouch button on the remote I get a solid amber light. 

Till yesterday everything was working fine. I listened to BBC radio 2 from my preset stations. But nothing working today. Kindly help with a solution. 

Regards

Swastik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MrGribbo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Re: SoundTouch 1036 error

Author Accepted Answer selected by swastik82

Ok, so I have worked out how to reset the presets with tunein. Would have been easier with some instructions from BOSE, just wasted a couple of hours....

11 REPLIES 11
sjr4066
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

+1

Same issue, worked yesterday and now it doesn’t. SoundTouch 20, 30 and 300. 😠

Have tried re-adding multiple times and still not working.
Highlighted
Jose_iherrera10@yahoo.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

I'm having the same issue with my sound wave iv
swastik82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 23, 2015

It would be helpful if someone from Bose admin team help us since everyone is facing this issue today.

swastik82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 23, 2015

HI Everyone

When I clicked on "Internet Radio" option in the soundtouch app, I get the message "That didn't work. Please try again. (1029)". 

Is everyone getting same error message? 

sdre1980
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Saem problem... no Radio and problems with  Internet comunication

MrGribbo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Same problem, the 6 preset buttons on the soundtouch are not working. When I push a button the LED goes yellow/orange and I receive the error 1036 on the app. I can listen to the radio with the app and connects fine to itunes and spotify, no issues with wifi etc. 

QuilpieGuy
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

Bose has removed Internet Radio(vTuner). You now have to use  TuneIn. There was for a short time a very short message about this.

It would be nice the have some detailed info from Bose, but then as we have all noticed on this forum Bose have never heard of the word "communication".

MrGribbo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Thanks, I have tunein radio playing fine but, as it looks like all other users want, the radio(vTuner) was great and the preset buttons on the Soundtouch meant you were independent from the App. How do I get my preset buttons working again ?? Come on BOSE, wake up !

MrGribbo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by swastik82

Ok, so I have worked out how to reset the presets with tunein. Would have been easier with some instructions from BOSE, just wasted a couple of hours....