Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2017

SoundTouch 130 Sound Bar send movie/tv/cd audio to Soundtouch 30

I have 3 SoundTouch devices.  The SoundTouch 130 Sound Bar connected to my 4k TV in the living room, A SoundTouch 30 in the kitchen and a SoundTouch 20 in the Bedroom.  I often find myself in the kitchen while a movie is playing, Making dinner, fixing a snack etc.  I'd like to be able to send the audio from the TV / Movie / etc being watched in the living room to the kitchen, so I can continue to listen.  The SoundTouch 20 and 30 have the ability to play Aux inputs everywhere, why not the SoundBar 130?  It seems silly, that with all the high tech components in the 130 that I can't stream a CD or Movie everywhere in the house.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 130 Sound Bar send movie/tv/cd audio to Soundtouch 30

Hi WTSchultz, 

Our product line manager spoke about this HERE as "AUX rebroadcast" along with a timetable and what systems will support it. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

WTSchultz-

Welcome to the infuriating world of Bose Soundtouch ownership.

Your request and recommendation certainly seems like a simple and do-able software task in this day and technogical age doesnt it?...NOPE, not with Bose!

Rebroadcasting tv sound and anything (Apple TV?) plugged into the AUX hdmi are basic features but as you have just learned, you've been Bose'ed!!

These features have been promised for quite sometime and the recent announcement of these features "hopefully" coming by end of summer but also stating that us ST 120 & ST 130 suckers are out of luck, they wont be supported with this feature should it ever materialize due to "firmware" incompatibilty.

Really Bose....you designed home theatre systems that were designed to be used as the main control unit but not built with firmware to rebroadcast TV or AUX connections....really?!

Someone in the design team at Bose really needs to be let go and one of the geniuses at Sonos be pirated.

Please join me in demanding that Bose offer us 120 & 130 losers a trade in or exchange of our dismal respective 120 &130 head units for a new head unit with the proper "firmware" that will support these future updates and features. I'm plenty happy with the sound and speakers that came with the ST130 but the lack of basic features and services is maddening.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2017

I don't really understand the issue.  I have purchased and owned Bose products all the Way back to the 301 Series II Bookshelf speakers.  I have never... EVER had anything but great satisfaction with every BOSE purchase.  Your reply isn't very helpful as it sends me to a post that doesn't reference my Soundtouch 130, but omits it.  So let me get this straight.  The item I assumed would be at the center of my Bose home system and cost $1,300 wont do what the less expensive SoundTouch 300 sound bar will do?  Or even the SoundTouch 20!!!  I feel ripped off.

I'm actually really upset.  I feel deliberately misled by Bose Marketing.  A lot of people have and are converting component type systems and have multiple input sources.  I have a 300 disk Sony CD player attached to my Soundtouch 130 and I can't stream that audio throughout the house.  This is really BAD!  You should be replacing the SoundTouch 130's with the 300's if you can't fix them.