Which system are you talking about?

Thanks,

Brandon

ElDuderino
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 20 II & Amazon Echo Dot

SoundTouch 20 II, the Wifi Version, and Echo Dot II. You mentioned in the post on ‎05-31-2017 06:55 PM

Currently at the moment the only way to pair an Amazon Alexa product to a SoundTouch device would be via AUX or Bluetooth. We are currently in the works of implementing the Alexa Skill for the SoundTouch devices which when enabled will allow you to pair the two via WiFi.

Keep an eye out for a software update or community post to know when this feature would be available!

"pair the two via WiFi". So the Soundtouch II? "The two"? Or is the Soundtouch II obsolete from a technical perspective? Just wondering if I should wait and BOSE provides the update needed for a box of that price or if I should sell and look out for something else... 

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Yes, it looks like Mike did mention that back in the end of May/Early June.  This will be available once the Alexa skill is released, which should be fairly soon.  I don't have an exact timeframe for release.

Thanks,

Brandon

Lt_Pete_Mitchell
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

Amazon adds multiroom audio control to Echo devices

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/29/amazon-multiroom-audio-control-echo/

"The company [Amazon] said it's already working with Sonos, Bose, Sound United and Samsung on the upcoming capability, which would let users control connected Sonos speakers through their Echo Dot, for example."

Hopefully this means soon!

Lt_Pete_Mitchell
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

Amazon Press Release

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=RssLanding&cat=news&id=2297100

On second thought ... "These tools will be available early next year."

Rock Dancing
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

This implies the Skill may come out pretty soon.

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/7c9343ce-425b-4baa-ae63-49c36afb5341/giving-device-mak...

I have more than one Dot connected to SoundTouch speakers in different rooms. It does, indeed, work as stated to speak to one Dot and play to another Dot (with sound through Bose). I can also control the Dot-Bose speaker functions through Alexa on my Fire tablet.

I'm really excited for these features. I am looking forward to playing (and stopping or changing) music in different rooms without having to mess with the app through my phone.

Rock Dancing
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

More experimentation, grouping the dots and trying to play them together caused them to disconnect the Bluetooth pairing to Soundtouch. So, we will have to wait for "play all" features from the Skill.

SteveJ
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

Why has the Alexa Skill only been released for the USA,  what happened to the rest of the world

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi SteveJ,

Thanks for the question.  We have just initially released the Alexa skill for the US, and will announce when it is available for other areas.  Stay tuned to the Community for more information.

Best,

Brandon

Prydeannie
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2015

The responses from Bose on this thread could not be any more vague if they tried. Seriously, I have been waiting for this skill for over a year now as that is how long it has been promised. At least find out a rough time-frame to give to people. The fact that the sort of functionality we are after is readily available from your competitors should make you see you are losing potential and existing customers to them. The echo and Echo Dot are massive sellers and connecting devices to them is one of their strongest selling points. Bose is playing catch up with so many other companies when it comes to this.