wvynck
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2014

SoundTouch 20 freezing

Hi,
I have a SoundTouch 20 - first edition.
About every  month the SoundTouch freeze and i cannot use it anymore. When i power it on nothing happens, i have to disconnect it from the power and after re-connecting it to the power it's update the firmware .. takes a long time ... after the update the SoundTouch works again ....
What is happing here? Do i have to calle Bose for a replacement? It's still warrenty ....
thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Jordan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: SoundTouch 20 freezing

After you unplugged it from the power outlet and connect it again, your just reset your system and it performs a software update.. And usually it get back to normal again, but if you are not sure you can contact bose service center at your place.
rgds
jordan

Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: SoundTouch 20 freezing

Hi William,

In the case of some major software updates, it is normal that the system will not be able to work correctly with the SoundTouch server and app until the update has been applied. While it is unusual that the speaker needs to be unlugged before this happens, this could still be the case. You can always start this update manually by holding the #4 and volume down buttons together on top of the system.
In any case where the speaker would appear frozen, you can also perform a reboot by holding the AUX button on top of it for 15 seconds. If this clears up your issue, then likely it was simply a software error and not something to worry about. 

If you are concerned about this and feel like the reset needs to be performed on a regular basis, we would absolutely encourage you to contact service locally. You can find contact details by visiting http://global.bose.com  and selecting your country from the drop-down menu.
Thank you.