Highlighted
Robanderson 249
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

SoundTouch 20 speaker not showing up on app

I have a SoundTouch 20 speaker that is connected to my WiFi as it plays stored stations when selecting the buttons.  It show up on my iPad app but not on my iPhone. 

I have tried resetting the in the app and phone but still no joy. I have also tried re-adding the speaker on my phone but it still won’t find it. 

Please help. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch 20 speaker not showing up on app

Author Accepted Answer selected by Robanderson 249

Hi Robanderson 249!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your SoundTouch 20 Speaker, and the SoundTouch application. 

Due to the unique nature of Wi-Fi networks, and as everyone has varying setups there are many variables that can come into play when troubleshooting and diagnosing issues with speaker detection. As your SoundTouch 20 speaker currently connects to the Wi-Fi successfully and can be controlled via the iPad app, it is successfully connected to the network and has an active network connection.

Do you use any Wi-Fi extenders, repeaters or boosters in the home? Do you use different frequencies to connect to, for example a 2.4 GHz network and a 5 GHz network? It is important to ensure that both the SoundTouch 20 Speaker, and your iPhone, are connected to the same Wi-Fi network to enable the two devices to discover each other. If they are, a great troubleshooting step to take is resetting the speaker, which can be done by disconnecting it from the power for at least 60 seconds, then powering it on again to test for results.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Andy - Community Support

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch 20 speaker not showing up on app

Author Accepted Answer selected by Robanderson 249

Hi Robanderson 249!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your SoundTouch 20 Speaker, and the SoundTouch application. 

Due to the unique nature of Wi-Fi networks, and as everyone has varying setups there are many variables that can come into play when troubleshooting and diagnosing issues with speaker detection. As your SoundTouch 20 speaker currently connects to the Wi-Fi successfully and can be controlled via the iPad app, it is successfully connected to the network and has an active network connection.

Do you use any Wi-Fi extenders, repeaters or boosters in the home? Do you use different frequencies to connect to, for example a 2.4 GHz network and a 5 GHz network? It is important to ensure that both the SoundTouch 20 Speaker, and your iPhone, are connected to the same Wi-Fi network to enable the two devices to discover each other. If they are, a great troubleshooting step to take is resetting the speaker, which can be done by disconnecting it from the power for at least 60 seconds, then powering it on again to test for results.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Andy - Community Support