SoundTouch 20 stops after a few songs with Spotify - Error 1300

SOLVED
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

SoundTouch 20 stops after a few songs with Spotify - Error 1300

Since yesterday my SoundTouch 20 totally stops after playing a few songs using Spotify Premium. Plays a few songs and then get message: "Select a preset or explore music on the SoundTouch app".

- Same issue whether I play direct from SoundTouch app or Spotify.

- Same problem whether I connect SoundTouch to network via WiFi or ethernet cable.

- Already dropped the quality of Spotify streaming to the lowest.

- Internet speed tested by Speedtest always between 35 and 40Mbps when the problem occurs - in fact it drops even while I'm playing an online game which doesn't give any delays - so Internet quality not an issue.

- Tried the apps via my Android phone and Android tablet (same issue - also same issue but just playing a preset playlist from the remote)

- Spotify works fine via Bluetooth but I don't want to hear a sound every time I receive a message on my phone or I receive a call - and also the quality is not the same.

Was happy with my SoundTouch but now really disappointed.

Any suggestions?

Txs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SoundTouch 20 stops after a few songs

Hi all, 

We have been in touch with Spotify regarding this. They have identified the crux and sent out an update as of this morning that should alleviate the issue. We definitely would like to know, after the update, if the issue still remains for you. 

Thank you 

90 REPLIES
Audible Advocate

daysRe: SoundTouch 20 stops after a few songs

Having the identical issue. Just started a couple days back. Have reset router, SoundTouch, Spotify and ST apps, reduced sound quality. Spotify only stops when playing on ST.

Audible Advocate

Re: daysRe: SoundTouch 20 stops after a few songs

Following up on my initial post. After further testing, I'm pretty confident I find the issue. There's some sort of conflict between the ST app and Spotify Premium. I experienced stoppages streaming to the ST from my laptop and tablet, both of which have the ST app installed. No stoppages, however, streaming from phone, which doesn't have the ST app.

Furthermore, I noticed dual statuses from ST and SP on my tablet, sometimes even showing different songs being played. The recent ST updates likely broke something.

Audible Advocate

Try disabling or uninstalling the ST app and then try streaming. If you have no issues we're on to something.

Quiet Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion - I uninstalled the ST app and restarted the phone - tried again - after about 20 mins the same problem. So unfortunately didn't work for me.

I also tried my ST 10 on its own and it just stops as well after a while while playing Spotify.

Also get the problem by just playing one of my Spotify playlists using one of the preset buttons (i.e. not playing via any app).

I also spent 30 mins on the phone with Bose support in the US. After lots of searching their suggestion was to go into the Spotify app settings and change streaming quality to High (think it defaults to Automatic). Tried this and the ST already stopped after 1 song. So didn't make a difference at all.

Strange that it only started occuring 2 days ago.

Just trying to work out if the problem is maybe country related. I'm in Panama. You?

Audible Advocate

I'm in the US. I had hoped I had licked the problem but it happened again after a couple of hours. 

RT
Audible Advocate

Can not play certain songs on Soundtouch30 with Spotify

Hi all

Having a problem which has recently started with my Soundtouch30 where if I try and play certain songs through Spotify I get the message "select a preset or explore music on the Soundtouch app" on the speaker. If i try and play it using the app on my iPhone it will either just stop altogether or skip to the next song. If I try play it through my PC it comes back with the error message "We can not connect to that music service right now. Please try again later (1300)".  I can play and stream any other music through the speaker fine (without using Spotify), and I can play any of these tracks fine on Spotify without going through the Soundtouch speaker.  I can even play these songs perfectly when connecting to the speaker via Bluetooth. I have reset and rebooted both Soundtouch and Wifi router and have made all the necessary updates.I have tested this over WiFi and Ethernet with the same results. Speed tests show my internet speed is more than sufficient. I have even done the recommed fix of reducing the streaming quality down to 128KBIT/s with no affect. It deffinitly seems to be the way the Soundtouch is dealing with Spotify but have no idea how to fix this, please help. 

Quiet Contributor

SoundTouch 20 stops after a few songs

I have the exact same issue. ST worked like a charm for one year and just started giving me headaches. Hopefully somebody at Bose is looking into it. I am in Switzerland. 

Quiet Contributor

I also have the EXACT same issue. It started when I downloaded the new ST app. When it stops I get this error appear on the app 'HMM..we can't connect to that music service right now. Please try again later. (1300).

I am in Australia. This is very annoying and I hope Bose fixes this ASAP!!!
Quiet Contributor

I have the same issue here. It was fine until 2 days ago. The song stopped suddenly with error displayed on ST app. I am in HK.