Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

SoundTouch 20 - white pixels on the screen when OFF

I have recently noticed 3 white pixels staying on the screen when I turn off my SoundTouch 20. When I turn it on or enable the clock the 3 pixels disappear.

Is that a screen malfunction or just the software?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 20 - white pixels on the screen when OFF

Hi NicolasBrosse,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the display.  Have you tried a 30 second power cycle on the system?  

As soon as you turn the system on, the lit pixels disappear?  They aren't just hidden by text or graphics on the screen?  If those lit up pixels aren't always turned on, it sounds more like a software issue to me.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

I just did updates and added to a new network my SoundTouch 20 yesterday - same thing is happening to me now too.

Have had the systems for a little over 2 years. Never seen them until now....

Bose - clearly this is something on your side... any ideas, updates or information or will this just be passed off on your customers?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi selene5278,

Thanks for the post.  

I had never heard of this before NicolasBrosse's post, but now it certainly sounds like this is software related.

This happened with the latest software update, correct?

If you go into Settings>About>[SoundTouch 20], what is the firmware version of your system? 

Are you able to post a picture of the dots that appear on the display?  I'd like to get this escalated up to engineering to see if they can identify what the cause of this is.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I got my SoundTouch 20 at Christmas, the firmware version is 17.0.8

I noticed that the 3 points are moving, as when the time is displayed.

PC280176.jpg

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all, 

It definitely appears that there is a pattern here. Before we get this escalated to our engineering teams, I'd like to gather as much detail as possible from you all. If you could, please respond to the following questions:

• Do you recall if this began after the latest update, or has this been an ongoing issue?
  • Please let us know the system software version you are running. See Brandon's steps above. 
  • When do the dots appear? Only when the system is off, without a clock display?
  • Do the dots re-appear after toggling the Clock setting within the SoundTouch app Speaker Settings?
  • Which version of the SoundTouch 20 are you using (version 1, 2, or 3)? If you are unsure, could you please provide us with the system serial number?
  • Does a system reset resolve the issue? For series 1 and 2 systems, hold the AUX button for 10 seconds. For a series 3 system, simply disconnect power for one minute, then reconnect. 

Please try to answer these questions and provide any additional detail you may feel is necessary. 

Thank you,

Brian - Bose Support