Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueSkyy
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

SoundTouch 30 Gapless Playback and Volume Decreases Between Songs

Is the SoundTouch 30 capable of gapless playback.  There seems to be pauses between pieces when it should be seameless.  Can it play gaplessly?

Also, when transitioning between songs on any given album, the volume seems to decrease for a couple of seconds and they restores to previous volume levels.  Is this a "feature"?

Thanks much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: SoundTouch 30 Gapless Playback and Volume Decreases Between Songs

Author Accepted Answer selected by BlueSkyy

Hello BlueSkyy, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch. 

I just wanted to clarify this further for you. 

When the Soundtouch speaker connects to a service such as Spotify or iTunes for example, gapless music playback is a setting that is designated to their original apps, and not something that is compatible with the streaming service used within the SoundTouch application. 

A reset will not help to resolve this as it is just something not possible within the SoundTouch app's internal connected music services due to limitations of the API designed by the music service provider. 

A good workaround, however, is to connect to the speaker via Bluetooth (or Airplay depending on which SoundTouch 30 it is that you own) and actually using the Spotify/iTunes/Your favorite music service's app. Bluetooth/Airplay will deliver the full audio output of the device you are using so any gapless playback, volume decreases or effects you are used to hearing from your device's speakers, will be reproduced on the SoundTouch 30! 

I hope this helps! 

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello BlueSkyy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! The SoundTouch 30 is not intended to play with gaps or have decreasing volume without user intervention, not to worry this is something I will be able to help you with. Could you please tell me how you are connected is it via Bluetooth or Aux?

Firstly, I would recommend a product reset, please follow the steps below:

• On the button pad or the remote control, press and hold the Bluetooth|AUX button for about 10 seconds until a pairing list cleared message appears on the system display.

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

BlueSkyy
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

Hi Zoe and thank you.  I tried what your recommended, a full reset, with no change.  I am currently connected to the speaker through the Bose app on my iPhone so I am guessing its a wireless and not a Bluetooth connection.

Just to reconfirm what I mean by "gapless" playback, some albums are put together so that there is no audible gap when transitioning from one song to the next.  Most albums I know of have a two second or so gap between songs where there is no sound.  With this speaker, albums that should be gapless actually stop the sound when going from one song to the next.  This may be by design but, if not, I just wanted to know what I could do to change the behavior.

Thank you,

Joe

Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by BlueSkyy

Hello BlueSkyy, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch. 

I just wanted to clarify this further for you. 

When the Soundtouch speaker connects to a service such as Spotify or iTunes for example, gapless music playback is a setting that is designated to their original apps, and not something that is compatible with the streaming service used within the SoundTouch application. 

A reset will not help to resolve this as it is just something not possible within the SoundTouch app's internal connected music services due to limitations of the API designed by the music service provider. 

A good workaround, however, is to connect to the speaker via Bluetooth (or Airplay depending on which SoundTouch 30 it is that you own) and actually using the Spotify/iTunes/Your favorite music service's app. Bluetooth/Airplay will deliver the full audio output of the device you are using so any gapless playback, volume decreases or effects you are used to hearing from your device's speakers, will be reproduced on the SoundTouch 30! 

I hope this helps! 

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

BlueSkyy
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

Jeff,

Many thanks for the clarification.  Connecting to the speaker via Bluetooth does, indeed, allow gapless playback with my iPhone.

Thanks for the great support!

Joe

shawnfahy
Contributor
Registered since

May 6, 2018

Why does music played through the SoundTouch app not play track at once? It is very frustrating listening to live or concept albums because there is a 2 second delay in between songs. This oversight really ruins the listening experience. Sonos and Samsung have the ability to play tracks at once, why can’t Bose?

Jessie_O

Hi Shawnfahy, 

Thank you for your post. 

I'll be more than happy to help!

Can you tell me what music service you are experiencing this issue with?

I look forward to hearing from you!

shawnfahy
Contributor
Registered since

May 6, 2018

Sure. I use Spotify and this also happens when I play music from my library. 

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hey Shawnfahy, as discussed by Jeff, gapless playback is not currently supported with SoundTouch speakers via the built-in music services via the SoundTouch app, but thank you for your feedback and interest.