SoundTouch 30 Series I - AirPlay Mirroring Mysteriously Disappeared?
Since early March 2014 I have owned and thoroughly enjoyed a Bose SoundTouch 30 Series I WiFi speaker device. Throughout my SoundTouch 30 ownership period I have always been able to mirror audio content from my various iOS devices to the WiFi-connected SoundTouch 30 device via AirPlay - that is until recently. Now, mysteriously (magically?) the SoundTouch 30 device no longer appears as an accessible AirPlay device in any of the iOS AirPlay Mirroring menus.
So, today I spent over an hour on the phone with Bose Product Support trying to solve this issue. Unfortunately, no luck!
In the effort to cure this SoundTouch 30 Series I / iOS AirPlay accessibility problem I performed all of the steps that the product support tech suggested to cure the problem:
1) Enable device AirPlay Optimization in Bose app - done.
2) Reset SoundTouch 30 device with AUX button - done.
3) Reboot WiFi router (power down cold boot) - done.
4) Connect iOS devices to same 2.4Ghz WiFi network that SoundTouch 30 device is connected (never had to do this previously - could always run iOS devices on 5.0Ghz WiFi network but still connect via AirPlay to SoundTouch 30 on 2.4Ghz WiFi) - done.
5) Remove SoundTouch 30 device and reinstall as new device - done.
6) Shut down any firewall applications running - done.
7) Connect SoundTouch 30 device to a different WiFi network outside my local WiFi environment to determine if AirPlay available again - it was not.
All iOS devices through which I attempt to connect to the SoundTouch 30 device via AirPlay are running the latest iOS 10.3.2 software release.
So, I am at a loss as to what solution to try to re-established AirPlay functionality on my Bose SoundTouch 30 Series I device - and apparently Bose Product Support has no solution either.
This mysterious development is VERY disappointing to me because the AirPlay functionality is the PRIMARY reason I opted at the time to purchase the (expensive!!) Bose SoundTough 30 Series I device over any other competing device - i.e Sonos, Sony, JBL, Pioneer, etc. Unfortunately, the SoundTouch 30 Series I does not support Bluetooth; so, until I can re-establish AirPlay functionality to the SoundTouch 30 device I am unable to stream any audio content to the SoundTouch device from my iOS devices.
Can anyone in the Bose Community help with this very mysterious issue?