Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

SoundTouch 30 Software Version 14.0.30 Killed Airplay

Hi Experts,

I have Soundtouch 30 Series 1 and since 1st March 2017 bose released 14.0.30 update(as it automatically push you to update while playing using app) killed my Airplay functionality.

I have done basic Troubleshooting with no success. My Sound touch app from IPAD still work fine, FM radio works fine with no Airplay?

Please advice workable solution ASAP.

Note: Product performance, Sales and Marking stand point, Feedback will be posted on FACEBOOK, Blogs and Tweters to make new and existing bose customer awareness for this issue 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 30 Software Version 14.0.30 Killed Airplay

Ijam,

I'm no expert, but, in the past I have had this or a similar problem. I believe it's an Apple IPad issue. IPads don't seem to update their network IP address frequently enough that your IPad may not be able to "see" your SoundTouch. The way I've always been able to remedy this is to fully shut down the IPad and restart (full reboot). Upon restart, your IPad should be able to "see" your SoundTouch and be able to AirPlay to it. I hope this helps. Please post here if this works for you. Someone else may find it helpful.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

HI Heatman,

Thanks for your reply. I have already done these test rebooting my ipad and other apple devices and rebooting Soundtouch

as i said bose killied it 

Bese where is the fix ?

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Ijam,

What type of router do you have? Sometimes your router may need to be reset (re-booted). Have you tried re-booting your router?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

Hi Guys,

I got number of routers Cisco AP 3502 series with wireless controller 5508 no luck

Aruba 225 AP with Wireless lan controller no luck

Netgear 4g WFI modem no luck

Rebooted device no luck

rebooted Router no luck

Rebooted IPAM no luck

I need to reboot Bose software development team