heatman5
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

SoundTouch 30 after last two software updates

Hello All,

I’m a long time SoundTouch user, originally bought for my wife but I got hooked as well. The SoundTouch System was only a month or two old when I bought this for her. Over the years we have both come to enjoy and almost rely on this box on our Kitchen Counter. All has been better than expected during all these years. New features being added over time that makes this device more than it was even when new. Having said that, after the last two software updates, some problems began to crop up. Although I pride myself on the robustness of my home network (wired and wireless) I still checked everything before really digging in to solve these problems. With the software upgrade a few months ago, although I should’ve been able to start using tunein, I was only able to use the original internet radio feature. Also, every time I opened the SoundTouch app, I would get the error”Unable to connect to Bose Server, try again later”. I would close this error message and everything would work properly except no tunein. I could live with this, somI took no action to troubleshoot. After the last software update, I lost Amazon Music. Everytime I would try to start Amazon Music I would get an error message “Cannot connect to that Service right now, Please try again later”. I lived with this for a while because I could still AirPlay anything I wanted from my iPad to the SoundTouch 30. I finally decided to dive in to try to get this working properly. I deleted the SoundTouch App from my iPad and re-installed it. This is where the fun begins. In setting up the App, I got to the point where I was to acknowledge that I had an existing SoundTouch Account. Everytime I tried to proceed, I received the message that either my Email Address or Password were incorrect (I knew they were not incorrect) but I opted to try the “Forgot My Password” Option in order to have a new, temporary Password emailed to me. I did not receive an email. So, of course, I tried again (I knew as soon as I pushed the “Forgot my Password” selection that I probably shouldn’t do this). Still no email so I telephoned Support and got a Customer Support Rep very quickly, within two minutes if I recall correctly. He was polite and knowledgable but couldn’t help with the email problem, although he was aware this could happen in some instances. He escalated my issue to the next tier who he said would contact me within 48 hours. He then suggested that I create a substitute email account and complete the setup. I thanked him and proceeded to do just that. But, that also did not work. I came here and read about others with very similar problems and I tried all suggestions, changes to the routers DNS processing, DNS Addresses, turn off IGMP among other things. I tried router reboots and factory reset of the SoundTouch 30 by holding the #2 Preset button and Volume Down at the same time. Still no go. 

Now, as a last resort that I would try before Tech Support would be in touch with me, I tried holding down the AUX Button until a full Reset was forced. I then deleted the SoundTouch App again and re-downloaded and performed a full install using an alternate email address and guess what- it worked. Everything is 100% functional, no errors, no warnings. I can now tunein Internet Radio, Amazon Music is working the way it should, I can still AirPlay anything I want. I’m very relieved right now and I’m very happy. I would still like to hear from tech support to find out how to get my original email associated with my SoundTouch Account, but all in all, it’s a great day at my house. Thanks for letting me post. I hope someone can get something out of my experience,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
heatman5
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 30 after last two software updates

Author Accepted Answer selected by heatman5

Hello All,

I have finally figured out my email issue. AOL has taken over all Verizon Fios email. Although I was notified, I didn’t know AOL would treat my email differently than Verizon. AOL was holding all email from Bose and others in an online Spam Folder, instead of letting it through for my own system to choose what is Spam and what is not. It all works correctly now. Thanks for listening. If you’re a Verizon customer, you might get some insight from this. 

Sincerely,

heatman5

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi heatman5,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties accessing music services as well as resetting the password and we're here to help!

Have you attempted to factory default the system by pressing and holding the number 1 and volume minus on the top of the system until the front of the system displays a progress bar? After doing a factory default, can you attempt to sign back into your previous account?

Let us know how that goes and we can take it from there! Thanks!

-Michael

heatman5
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Michael F,

I’ve got my SoundTouch 30 up and running better than ever, although I’ve had to create a new email address. In doing so, I lost all presets which I had to restore from memory. This is really my wife’s speaker and she uses it everyday. She understands when something like this happens but I try to do whatever I can, as fast as I can to minimize her downtime. Since all is well (even though I can’t sign in with my old email address) I’m going to leave it this way for now. I created a Service Ticket with Customer Support by phone and the young man stated that someone would email me back with a procedure to begin getting the emails if I chose “forgot my password” but I haven’t received any emails from Customer Support yet. I can wait or place another call. Thank you for reviewing my issue. 

Sincerely,

heatman5

heatman5
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by heatman5

Hello All,

I have finally figured out my email issue. AOL has taken over all Verizon Fios email. Although I was notified, I didn’t know AOL would treat my email differently than Verizon. AOL was holding all email from Bose and others in an online Spam Folder, instead of letting it through for my own system to choose what is Spam and what is not. It all works correctly now. Thanks for listening. If you’re a Verizon customer, you might get some insight from this. 

Sincerely,

heatman5

View solution in original post

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi heatman5,

Thanks for sharing the update! We're glad to hear that everything is now working! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian