glenfaj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2017

SoundTouch 30 compatible with Apple HomeKit app???

I travel a lot for work. But I am also a homeowner. Whenever I am away from home, I want to turn on my SoundTouch speaker and play loud music to give my neighbors or potential intruders the impression that I or someone is at home. So I bought the SoundTouch 30 wireless speaker thinking that I can control this device "anywhere" I am- as the product packaging advertised. I came to find out this isn't all true. I can control this device as long as I am within reach of my home wifi to which my SoundTouch 30 speaker is connected to, and NOT where I am half-way the globe. I am in dire need of such technology. 

I was doing my own research on such technology and came across with something on Apple's HomeKit App. Like Bose, Apple is also at the forefront when it comes to pioneering technological advances. My research tells me that a device can be controlled remotely using Apple's HomeKit app if such device is compatible with HomeKit or is "HomeKit-enabled." Unfortunately, I did not see the Bose SoundTouch 30 listed as HomeKit-enabled device. 

Like I mentioned, I really need the technology to remotely turn on/off my SoundTouch 30. DOES BOSE PLAN TO INTEGRATE SUCH TECHNOLOGY IN ITS LINE OF PRODUCTS IN THE NEAR FUTURE? 

I am sure I am not the only one who needs such technology, as more and more working professionals are required to travel for work. IF ANYONE IN BOSE HAS KNOWLEDGE ON HOW I CAN MAKE THIS POSSIBLE ASAP, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD. I appreciate all the assistance/insight you can provide. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SoundTouch 30 compatible with Apple HomeKit app???

Hi glenfaj, 

You are correct. Using our SoundTouch app, you would need to have your phone or computer on the same Wi-Fi network as the system to control it. In addition, although we're not integrated with Apple's HomeKit, there may be another way to achieve the results that you are desiring. Currently, paid Spotify premium users can use the "Spotify Connect" feature to play content to their systems even if they're on a completely different network in a different location. There is a good CNET article about this HERE. Spotify, however, is not available in all countries. HERE is a list of countries where you can sign up for Spotify service. If Spotify is available in your region, it could achieve the results you are looking for. I hope this helps.

Thank you 

Ben23
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Hi
An HomeKit integration should be great I agree with him
alc7328
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 6, 2017

Homekit support would be great. Any automation system would be too.

rsauerf
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

I wonder if Apple Music would carry that resource also as Spotify does.
Highlighted
Denziloshamen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

You might want to look in to getting a Harmony Smart Hub remote. It's another product and cost, but it does so much more than just control your bose speaker. You can turn it on remotely (as long as in IR range) and even set schedules so the speaker turns on and off (via an activity schedule timer) at a specified time. I do a similar thing with my tv when away from home. This option would be much more versatile to you than any solution Bose or Apple might come up with and you'd also be able to control 7 other devices in the same manner (TV, Blu Ray, Apple TV and so on).