Saud1932
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

SoundTouch 30 vs Wave SoundTouch: bit-depth & sampling-rate

Hello everyone,

I am an audiophile and I'm thinking of purchasing either the SoundTouch 30 or the Wave SoundToutch IV. I care about bit-depth, and I would like to learn about the bit-depth & Sampling-rate of each one. Are they considered Hi-Res? Or maybe one of them? Which one?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Re: SoundTouch 30 vs Wave SoundTouch: bit-depth & sampling-rate

Hi HighPitch, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm so glad to hear that you are interested in purchasing our products! 

Bose does not publish these specifications. The reason for this is that we believe such statistics do not add very much to an understanding of an audio product's acoustic characteristics and, even worse, can be misleading. Audio manufacturers make these measurements independent of industry standards and in varying conditions. We would recommend heading over to a store and listening to the system. 

If you have any other questions, we'll be more than happy to help. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Saud1932
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Re: SoundTouch 30 vs Wave SoundTouch: bit-depth & sampling-rate

To be fair, I did listen to the system before posting this question, and I was blown away by the soundTouch 30 so much that I asked the retailer whether the speaker was connected to other surrounding speakers; it surprised my auditory system I couldn't comprehend like where this sound is coming from; the higher I turned the volume the more surrounding it becomes and more importantly it does not distort ... remains crystal clear. I think I'mma head out and buy it now.