Contributor
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

SoundTouch 300 Dropping Off WI-FI Network

Why is it my SoundTouch 300 constantly drops off my network. On average three times a week I am having to reconnect the speaker. This along with the flashing TV led is beginning to make me think I have bought into a naff system. 

Is the problem with the soundbar or the soundtouch app? Are there workarounds that will make it a little more stable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 Dropping Off WI-FI Network

Author Accepted Answer selected by 24803202

Hello gvenditto,

Thank you for sharing and linking to the other thread!

Hi R.T.,

Thank you very much for the information. This is really interesting, usually if a system drops off a network it would show amber on the Wi-Fi light on the system. Do you notice this happening on your SoundTouch 300 when you are unable to find/control the system in the SoundTouch application? Are you only using 1 device or do you have another like a computer to check the SoundTouch application on when this happens? Could be a possibility that this might be related to the DHCP bug engineering is investigating at this time or it could be interference.

Did you try our advice of lengthening the DHCP lease time or setting a static IP for that system?

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi 24803202, 

I'm sorry to hear that. Curiously, what is the make and model of the router you are using? There could be one or two router specific settings that could help. Also, can you check the signal strength going to the system? Here is the procedure to do so:

In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left

Choose "Settings" -> About"

Select the desired system to view that system's information. Signal strength is listed as "RSSI Signal Strength"

Also, can you check to see what your DHCP lease time is set to from within your router? Does extending the duration, or setting a static IP for the soundbar help? Please let us know.

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Hi Brent,
I have the same problem.
The ST30 in the same network works perfectly all the time but the 300 that is even closer to the router does not.
The router is a Cisco epc3928.
Regards,
Robert
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi R.T.,

I am sorry to hear this is happening to you as well. Curiously, have you tried going into your router settings and trying the above mentioned steps from Brent? Once the SoundTouch 300 is connected to your Wi-Fi and is detected in the SoundTouch app, can you go to "Settings", "About" and choose the soundbar and let me know what your signal strength is showing?

Let us know if the steps help.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

it sounds like you are experiencing the same problem many of us are and we are waiting for Bose to fix the bugs in the SoundTouch app.

See this thread ... and maybe you will want to write to Bose tech support to let them know you are also waiting for the software to be fixed...

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Bose-tech-support-says-it-has-identified-the-WiFi-...

Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Hi Joel,
I just re-connected the soundbar and the signalstrength is "reasonable" (translated from Dutch) however the signal strength for the 30 is the same and this speaker never has connection problems. Also when the ST app says the soundbar is not connected to the network I am able to select the soundbar in the Spotify app.
So at the same time that the ST app does not find the speaker in the network the Spotify app does find the speaker in the same network.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by 24803202

Hello gvenditto,

Thank you for sharing and linking to the other thread!

Hi R.T.,

Thank you very much for the information. This is really interesting, usually if a system drops off a network it would show amber on the Wi-Fi light on the system. Do you notice this happening on your SoundTouch 300 when you are unable to find/control the system in the SoundTouch application? Are you only using 1 device or do you have another like a computer to check the SoundTouch application on when this happens? Could be a possibility that this might be related to the DHCP bug engineering is investigating at this time or it could be interference.

Did you try our advice of lengthening the DHCP lease time or setting a static IP for that system?

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

View solution in original post