leumig
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

SoundTouch 300 - Limited Functionality in SoundTouch App

I'm really trying to love the new soundbar but I really hate that I have to use the remote for everything. You can't switch inputs or make any adjustments through the app. Adjust bass level, switch input, pairing VI300 speakers, adaptiq. It was always through the remote. The app should be able to do EVERYTHING the remote can do...

I bought Bose to see if it's better than my Sonos and the app experience between the 2 are night and day.

And you can't scrub/fast forward songs on Spotify. Come on!

Are there any plans to expand the functionality? Bose is really behind in this.

3 REPLIES 3
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 - Limited Functionality in SoundTouch App

Hi leumig,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with the SoundTouch App.

We are always improving our app and looking to add different functionalities, so it's not out of the realm of possibilities that those features would be added.  In any case, I'll send your post up to the software team and see if I can get more info for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Ralph Mc
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

@Brandon_M

Brandon

I guess you use smart phones and are aware of how good APPs should look and function like?

That what BOSE offers is by far the worst piece of APP I have seen for decades! And we are not talking about a APP project from some students from high school, this is a APP from a world company?

To integrate basic functions is an easy job for an half ways skilled programmer. For BOSE it sound it need team meetings and strategies to implement one button in an APP.

I have friends who design hardware and write programs an APP that are far superior to what I see with the SoundTouch APP, and here we talk about 1 person programming.

For me unbelievable why not even basic functions from the remote control can be included in the APP? Not even talking about something like an EQ, basic function of any music APP.

The best hardware is nothing worse as the software driving it. I regret I ever bought a ST300 system.

dougjc2000
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

"I'm really trying to love the new soundbar but I really hate that I have to use the remote for everything. You can't switch inputs or make any adjustments through the app. Adjust bass level, switch input, pairing VI300 speakers, adaptiq. It was always through the remote. The app should be able to do EVERYTHING the remote can do..."

Why are you complaining after buying the system?  Didnt you check before you bought it?  Its getting really hard to tolerate babies whining in this forum who appear to buy a system without 1st checking/comparing it to other systems.  Please grow up & be an adult, take responsibility for your actions.   If you have legitimate requests to improve something, fine.  Otherwise, you offer nothing.