Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris82
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

SoundTouch 300 - No bass after updating to 16.x

I have tried it 3 times now and I got no bass. Without calibration it is a bit better but it is no solution because with calibration the highs and the mids are better and as it should be. The low frequencies are not there. I can open a new thread but to be honest I don' t think the problem is solved with that firmware. Even version 15 worked better...

7 REPLIES 7
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 - No bass after updating to 16.x

Hi Chris82, 

In addition to the soundbar, do you also have the AM300 and VI300s? Can you confirm that you have a solid white LED on the back of the AM300? Typically during the update, that white LED will blink to indicate that the AM300 is in fact updating. You don't happen to recall seeing that LED blink do you? If you put your hand on the AM300, do you feel any vibration at all? Please let me know. 

Thank you

Brent 

Chris82
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Hi Brent, yes I'm owning the complete system ( bought it in January) and have a constant white LED on the AM300. The AM is also working. I cannot say if the LED was blinking during the update. Is there a way to check the software version of the AM? Thanks for your support

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Chris82, 

Thanks for responding. If the AM300 didn't update, you could still have a white LED, but you would get no audio from it. If you placed your hand on the top, you wouldn't feel any vibration at all. If you can feel the vibration, and it is indeed working, then it has updated and renders my theory incorrect. 

From your previous comments, it sounds like the overall bass levels have decreased. Is that on all sources? (SoundTouch, Bluetooth, TV)? Or do you notice it more with a particular source? If you try to adjust the bass levels by pressing the "Bass" button on the remote, do you notice any change at all? Does it change, but still keep the bass level is too low? 

We're going to send you a private message so we can get the email address you used to setup your SoundTouch account and look into your account further. It will most likely come from Community_Admin. If you could respond with your email, it would be very helpful. 

I'm sorry that this has happened and if we can't get it resolved, want to get it to the software team as soon as I can. 

Thank you 

Chris82
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Hi Brent,
I have just identified that during calibration the AM isn't working. No sound coming out of the AM300. I can adjust the bass levels and there is also a difference but still very very low on the highest level.
Very appreciate your help.
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Chris82, 

Thanks for getting back to me. To triple check, when you run ADAPTiQ do you feel any vibration from the Am300 at all? If not, then we may have identified the crux of the issue. If you haven't done so already try to unplug it from power for a solid minute and give it another test. When the AM300 is working correctly you should get test tones from it when running ADAPTiQ. Sometimes lower frequencies are difficult to localize on and may sound like they are coming from the soundbar, but placing your hand on it and feeling for a vibration is the best way to tell for certain. Please let me know if the reset helps and if you can feel any vibration at all. 

Thank you 

Chris82
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Hi Brent,
I have unplugged the AM as you requested. I also did a factory reset again and only paired the AM with the ST without the rear speakers. The pairing was successfully as I could hear a sound and feel a vibration. BUT during the calibration - no sound, no vibration from the AM!
With version 14 and 15 the AM was working during calibration.
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Ok - that's precisely what I want to know. Something is definitely not working properly. I've escalated this up on our end and I recommend that you reach out to your local service group HERE so they can assist.  Please keep us posted.

Thank you