Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

Re: SoundTouch 300 - No sound from Sony TV

I too have the same no sound issue using HDMI ARC with my Sony TV, I believe it's the latest software update, since it was working up-to my latest Bose Software update, this is a big reason why I purchased Bose for the HDMI ARC support and now it's not working, very frustrated and disappointed for the poor software quality

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

I am also facing the same issue i.e. no sound from ARC. Can some one update on this issue.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello jchen and venukumar2005,

Thank you for posting. What is make/model and software version of your TV? Have you tried unplugging both the TV and SoundTouch 300 from power for a full minute? While the both are unplugged can you make sure to unplug and re-seat the HDMI cable on both ends. Check in the soundtouch, set the HDMI CEC to "ON' instead of alternate.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

Hi Joel,

My TV model is Sony KD-X9300D and Bose system is Soundtouch 520. I got in touch with both Bose and Sony support. Bose support informed that settings of my Bose system are fine and cross check with Sony. Sony support informed that they received similar complaints and advised me to disconnect the HDMI cable between cable TV set box & TV and restart the TV. After restarting Bose system worked fine. 

Thanks for your support.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi venukumar2005,

This is great to hear!!! We will always be here for you, let us know if you have any other questions in the future.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Brian, in one of your articles about sony  and ARC not working, there are 2 "HERE" doc links to 'check version of your software HERE" but it goes to another HTML about amazon dot.  I had a samsung 8500 and the st300 worked, now with the 930e, it doesnt work. maybe the first 2 days i had the tv i had sound and picture from dvd, but tv's sound was a no-go.  at one point the picture/colors on the dvd sonyx800 dvd player, were all crazy. i have tried different cables, factory reset. power cycle. unplug. 180 degree plug swaps. power up with no cables. shut down. boot up no cable and connect with all on. cec on/off. cycled thru all sorts of 1080/4k settings and dolby digital settings on the sony tv audio settings and video hdmi output settings, to no avail.  i can get it to work if i by pass speakers and use optical but i have a google chromecast audio and would like to free up that optical in on the st300 so i can use it, as switchboxes for optical dont seem to be the solutions here. . the bar ignores anything i plug into hdmi in or arc in. the tv when its on hdmi3/arc just stays static with 'no signal'.  sony says 'make sure hdmi control is set to on' but dosetn tell me how or where. the books they give with the tv are now just connection and 'reference' but not a true owners manual.   also in the soundtouch app, the app behaves like it cant find my speaker and no speaker found on network, yet, the app does work, does play music, does have bass/rear on and off and they work...    so this makes me think i may not be getting software pushes. i had disconnected it all already about 2 months ago and used usb and a laptop to update firmware.  i had to rerun adapt iq too as another agent told me to do a factory reset.  i'm frustrated because nothing is working to fix this arc issue.   but when i use optical and have it 'working' i do like the sound.  if only this bar had a headphone jack style input too!  arrgh.  i also think when arc WAS working, it sounded better than optical.  i do not know what formats hdmi arc supports that optical doesnt.  if it makes a difference.  dts/dolby, trueHD, etc. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi beartunes,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. First, we migrated our SoundTouch support articles to a new site over the past few months. Because of this, we are finding that some older links that have been posted, are not redirecting to the correct pages. We update these links to the correct location, and would certainly like to update any that may have been missed. If you could provide a link to the thread you found these on, I'd be happy to get these updated. 

Regarding the video/audio issues with your new TV and SoundTouch 300; thank you for providing the troubleshooting steps you've already performed. This is certainly helpful. I can definitely understand why you'd prefer to use the ARC connection, instead of optical, given the devices you are attempting to connect. You mentioned that you've already cycled CEC settings. Was this within the TV settings, SoundTouch 300 settings, or both? If you haven't tried already, I'd recommend trying the CEC ALTERNATE ON setting within the SoundTouch 300 settings (found in the SoundTouch app). 

Now, this brings us to the second issue you've mentioned. I'm sorry to hear that app isn't able to detect your system on your network. Just a few things to check with this: Is the Wi-Fi indicator on the soundbar solid white? Are your mobile device and SoundTouch 300 connected to the same network? If you haven't already, let's try rebooting your router. 

If the above steps don't work, we may need to consider the following: Recently, we have heard multiple reports concerning network connectivity issues. Our engineering team has identified a bug, and plan to have a fix in place soon. As soon as a fix is in place, we will certainly communicate it here in the Community. 

In the meantime, there are a couple of ways to temporarily improve/resolve the issue:

One option would be to extend the DHCP lease time in your router's settings (if available). If possible, a lease time of 24hrs or longer (extend to the maximum if possible) should significantly reduce how often the issue occurs. 

Another option would be to assign a static IP address (also known as IP reservation) to your SoundTouch system(s) within your router's settings. This would remove DHCP lease renewal for these devices altogether. 

After adjusting any router settings, be sure to reboot your router for the changes to have any effect. 

Please let us know if any of these steps help. If not, please confirm the additional steps you've tried, and we'll be happy to assist further!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

@venukumar2005 wrote:

Hi Joel,

My TV model is Sony KD-X9300D and Bose system is Soundtouch 520. I got in touch with both Bose and Sony support. Bose support informed that settings of my Bose system are fine and cross check with Sony. Sony support informed that they received similar complaints and advised me to disconnect the HDMI cable between cable TV set box & TV and restart the TV. After restarting Bose system worked fine. 

Thanks for your support.

So you disconnect the tv set-up box but leave the ST300 connected with the tv?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

Yes. I disconnected the cable TV set box and restarted Bose ST connected to TV.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2018

SOLVED : SoundTouch 300 - No sound from Sony TV

I was able to connect my soundtouch using HDMI to Sony. 

What you need to do is look for "Bravia Sync" under settings in your TV. You might find a "Bravia Sync" button - could be the bottom left button in the TV remote. 

Under "Bravia Sync" select BOSE and that takes care of the sound issue.

Hope that helps! Let me know in case you need help. I will try to share the screenshots when I am home and in front of my TV.