Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

SoundTouch 300 Remote, Samsung TV

I am able to pair my SoundTouch remote to my Samsung TV using the provided instructions and the 00060 code. The connection pairs and I can use the remote to control the TV (menu, power, input source) for about 1 minute, and then the connection disappears. None of the functions work anymore. I can reset the remote using 981, then repair and the connection takes but again only for a minute. How can I get the pairing to last? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 Remote, Samsung TV

Hello melman,

Welcome to the Bose Community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to see that you're running into issues getting the remote to stay paired to your TV.

Can you confirm that you've followed these steps below?

Enter the code

• On the remote control, press and hold the appropriate source button (TV, AUX, CBL/SAT or DVD) until all six source buttons glow, then release. For example, to program your TV, press and hold the TV icon button until all six source buttons glow, then release.
  • The appropriate source button continues to glow.
  • On the number keypad, enter the code for your source's brand and press VOL +.

Test the code

• Test the source for basic functions by following the instructions for your source:
  • TV: Press the channel buttons. Press Menu. The settings menu appears. Press < and > to navigate
  • Cable/satellite box: Press GUIDE. The programming guide appears. Press < and > to navigate
  • DVD or Blu-ray Disc player: Press GUIDE. The settings menu appears. Press < and > to navigate
  • Game system: Press < and > to navigate through your menu
  • Based on your source’s response to basic functions:
  • Remote responds accurately: press EXIT to exit programming and save your settings
  • Remote does not respond or does not respond accurately:
  • – If your source button glows: press VOL + to move to the next code. Repeat steps 1and 2 in “Test the code.” You may need to repeat this procedure 30 or moretimes. If all six buttons blink three times, you have cycled through all codes foryour source.
  • – If your source button is off: your remote exited programming mode. Repeatsteps 1 and 2 in “Enter the code” and steps 1 and 2 in “Test the code

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

I wasn't hitting "exit" properly. This was my error. Everything works now and this can be closed. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi melman,

Thanks for getting back to us.

No worries, I'm just happy to hear everything is working now for you!

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support