Hockers
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2016

SoundTouch 300 Virtually Invisible Speakers

Bose,
I've recently purchased around 2 months ago a sound touch 120 system, love it by the way, but if i'd known about the the new ST 300 system, i would of held of purchasing, that aside are the new Soundtouch 300 virtually invisible speakers going to be compatible with this unit. I feel this compatibility would be an excellent upgrade for people with these systems (ST 120 and ST 130) and be an total money maker for Bose, as am sure every ST 120 and ST130 owner would snap these up to enhance their current units. I understand the economics of allowing this compatibility, slowing down the selling of the new Soundtouch 300 Soundbar, but that thing will sell itself!! Am sure its just a small software update which would allow the compatibility, come on Bose do it, i hate to say the swear word 'Sonos' but they have been doing it for years, make your existing owners very happy!!! 
Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Eric_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 Virtually Invisible Speakers

Hi John,
Thanks for the inquiry, i'm sorry to say the Virtual Invisible 300 speakers are not compatible with your SoundTouch 120, they are designed for use with the SoundTouch 300 soundbar only. I agree that the addition of Virtually Invisible 300 speakers would add more depth to the SoundTouch 120 experience but the SoundTouch 120 was designed to be a simplified home theater solution.
Thank you and have a great day!