Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

SoundTouch 300 and 10 stop connecring

About two weeks ago I can no longer connect another SoundTouch speaker to a primary SoundTouch speaker thru WiFi. All speakers show up on app and show that they are connected but the connected speakers produce no sound (primary does). I can switch primary speaker (which works) but then no sound comes out of any other “connected” speaker - even what would have been the former primary speaker. I have reloaded the app, rebooted the speaker.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 and 10 stop connecring

Hi wrs1983,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing these issues. If you haven't done so already, please try to unplug your router from power for 30 seconds and re-test. Can you check to make sure that all speakers are up to date wit the same 17.x software version? HERE is how to check. Also, how many systems do you have in total on Wi-Fi? What is the make and model of your router? Is it a dual band router? Curiously, are the network names of the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands unique? If they are the same, it could be causing this. Also, are all of your systems on the same band? Can you try to put one or two on the other band and see if it resolves the issue? If you're maximizing throughput on the router, this will help. Please let us know. 

Thank you!  

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Thanks Brett -

I did reboot the router but problem persists. Same router I have had (at&t), I believe it’s duel band but only shows up as one system so I’m assumjng all devices are on same. I have 5 sound touch speakers and generally use three at a time. However I have “played all” from time to time and until a few weeks ago the pairings worked fine. I checked software updates - everything is up to date.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello wrs1983,

I am sorry to hear you are still having the issue with Play All. What I would suggest is to do is separate your network names by adding a -5ghz to the end of the 5ghz band so you will see 2 networks. Then test and see if "Play all is working", you might need to power cycle your router after saving settings. If this does not resolve the issue, put one of the systems preferably the closest system to the router on the 5ghz network.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Joel

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Still no solution. I have unplugged router multiple times, unplugged speakers, reinstalled the app, and no solution. I can only play one speaker at a time. Very frustrating. Hard to believe no one else is having this problem
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved with our steps.  

Can you take a look on the router and get the specific brand/model number of it?

Have you tried with multiple sources?  Spotify, Internet Radio, TuneIn, etc.

Thanks,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Brandon -

What did you guys do w the last software update. All of my speakers were working and finally connecting as they are supposed to. Problem solved....until I downloaded the speaker updates you had on line. Immediately after the old problem returned. I can listen to only one speaker at a time...when I connnect addl speakers via the app, the speaker shows that it is connected but no sound comes out of it. I have deleted and redownloaded the app, have rebooted my iPhone, have rebooted my router...just like before, nothing seems to fix the problem. Not sure why it resurfaced but the timing was definitely connected to your speaker update software v
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello wrs1983,

I am sorry to hear this issue has returned. I want to escalate this to engineering and will need to gather both system and application logs. What country are you located in? Can you provide me the make and model of your router? 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Joel,

I don't have enough technical knowledge - or time to figure it out - related to the logs.  However, I can give you the information you requested on my router: 

AT&T - Model 5268AC FXN

S/N 27161N043880

Wynn

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @wrs1983,

Thank you for the information.

Since we will be unable to gather logs, I would like you to contact technical support to get this resolved. Please let them know that you were working with us on your issue and that you need assistance with gathering logs. 

The number for support can be found HERE

Warm Regards,

Joel