Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

SoundTouch 300 app disconnects mobile device from Wi-Fi

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere but I am over trying to fix so many different issues and search a not very intuitive site. 

I cannot get the soundtouch app to stay connected to wifi. Simple as that and no it isn't router our distance etc because all the other apps and google search works but as soon as I go back to try and use the app it connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects. I can't adjust my speakers, it is stuck in spanish as a language and for a $1600 product. We have a lifestyle in main part of the house works great.

Which is why I bought this system without reading about all of the complaints- I got this for our mom in law cottage which has its own wifi etc. now I can't update the system tweak the speakers etc. I WAS trying to replace the vizio soundbar and rear surrounds but thinking that was a mistake since it doesn't need a flipping app (which is ridiculous) 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: SoundTouch 300 app disconnects mobile device from Wi-Fi

Hello TriggerPullerUSMC,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with the SoundTouch 300 and we are here to help. Let's first break the difficulties up into separate issues:

When you say the SoundTouch 300 connects and disconnects from the application, is that during the initial setup, or once the speaker has been added to the SoundTouch account? Would you be able to post a screenshot of the issue?

For the language in Spanish, are you seeing this language on the SoundTouch application, or is the SoundTouch 300's voice prompts in Spanish?

Have you tried to reboot the SoundTouch 300 by unplugging the system from power for a full two minutes, then plug the system back in? 

Let us know the answers to the questions above and we can certainly take it from there! Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 300 app disconnects mobile device from Wi-Fi

Sorry for the delay was out of town for work. Thanks for the response.

The app won't stay connected to WIFI. The app just continuously struggles to stay connect to WIFI even though all the other apps on my phone are connected just fine. At best it connects for 30 seconds or so then loses the connection and tries to start back up. 

It is kind of bizarre because none of the other apps struggle.