DougyQ
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2018

SoundTouch 300 audio lag

I am experiencing a slight audio lag for my sound system, which gets worse the longer the TV is on. If I turn the TV and sound system off I can reset the lag, but after 3 hours of continuous use the lag is noticeable again. Is there a solution?

My bose system is connected directly through my pannosonic TV via HDMI arc. I also have cablevision/optimum. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

Re: SoundTouch 300 audio lag

Hi DougyQ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear about that. could we start be resetting the system? 

Perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

If you could please give that a try first, then come back and update us.

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

DougyQ
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2018

Tony,
I tried rebooting and unfortunately I am still having the same lag issue.

Hello @DougyQ,

Thank you for testing that for us. 

Can you test by using an Optical cable instead of HDMI to see if this lag follows with a different input?

Warm Regards,

Joel

Garrinjd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2018

I had the same issue on my LG tv using optical cable, then I resolved by using HDMI from receiver to ST300, ST300 to tv, but today (May 15th, 2018) all HDMI pass through stopped working on my ST300. I've done factory resets & CEC default/alternate settings still no audio/video comes from receiver to tv through ST300. All works using optical cable for sound & HDMI from receiver to tv for video but alas I expect video/audio lag issues to come back now.
DougyQ
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2018

Thanks Joel_D,

I have tried no reset the system and I have switched from HDMI ARC to Optical cable, yet I am still having the same issue with lag after roughly 3 hours of use.  Anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Doug

Highlighted

Hi Doug,

Is the delay becoming more pronounced the longer you are listening to the system or does it start after a certain amount of time? Have you noticed this from any other source? Have you tried changing the CEC setting on your system to alternative or off?

To turn HDMI CEC on or off, follow these steps:

• Locate the HDMI-CEC setting in the SoundTouch app. 
  • In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  • To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
  • Default On Enables CEC
  • Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
  • Off: Disables CEC
  • Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Let us know if this works for you, and have a great day. 

Best Regards,

- Emmet

Bose Community

DougyQ
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2018

Thanks Emmet_H,

Unfortuntley that did not work either.  To recap I have done the following:

1. Rebooted the system
  2. Swithched from HDMI Arc to Optical Cable
  3. Switched the HDMI CEC on and off from both my TV and within the app

Is there anything else that might be causeing this lag?  Nothing has improved the systems performance.  

-Doug

Hello Doug,

Thank you for trying those steps. Can you clarify if you notice the delay right away or does it occur after a certain time? Have you noticed this on other source devices? For example, a Blu-ray/DVD player? If you are using a cable box, but do not notice it on other source devices, then it could be related to the cable box.

Check back when you get the chance!

Thank you again,

Mohsin

DougyQ
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2018

Hi Moshin,

I do not notice the lag right away.  It usually takes 3 hours for it to become un-bearable.  I have noticed it also using my AMazon Firestick, connected via another HDMI source on my TV.  

Thanks,

Doug