Louis72c
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

SoundTouch 300 disconnects for 2-3 seconds on Spotify

So I have a SoundTouch 300 with acoustimass bass and surround speakers. I also have 2 SoundTouch 20 and 2 SoundTouch 30 in the house. When I listen to tv or blueray or anything rhat is wired it plays just fine.
However when I listen to Spotify and send the sound throughout the house to the other SoundTouch devices via the Bose app the 300 looses soud for 2-3 seconds every 5-10 minutes. No other device does that. The SoundTouch is about 6 inches from the router so it is not a strength problem. This is my second soundbar as the first one gave out after a few months and was exchanged under warranty. Both soundbars did the exact same thing. Firmware is up to date.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SoundTouch 300 disconnects for 2-3 seconds on Spotify

Author Accepted Answer selected by Louis72c

Hello Louis72c,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize about the frustrating experience with 2 different SoundTouch 300's, but I'd like to help.

What I think might be happening is interference from the router since its only 6 inches away from the soundbar. Do you have the SoundTouch 300 connected by Ethernet or Wifi? If it is Wifi, I would suggest connecting an Ethernet cable to avoid the interference and test again.

Let me know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

4 REPLIES 4

Author Accepted Answer selected by Louis72c

Hello Louis72c,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize about the frustrating experience with 2 different SoundTouch 300's, but I'd like to help.

What I think might be happening is interference from the router since its only 6 inches away from the soundbar. Do you have the SoundTouch 300 connected by Ethernet or Wifi? If it is Wifi, I would suggest connecting an Ethernet cable to avoid the interference and test again.

Let me know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Louis72c
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

Indeed the 300 was on WiFi. I have plugged it directly in the router via an Ethernet cable and for now everything is working fine. Will try it for a few days to see if it is a permanent fix.
Thank you.

Hi Louis72c,

Thanks for the reply and update.

Let me know how it's working out for you after a week or so.

Warm Regards,

Joel 

Louis72c
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

So far so good!