Macavity
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

SoundTouch 300 feature request

Hello Bose!

Two things I think would be nice to have - maybe this is possible in a future software release:

1. possibility to change Volume-Level of Sourround-Speakers (in my case a bit to loud, but i can't move them further away from my preferred listening position) - just saw that there is another thread about this - sorry for double-posting

2. possibility to set bass-level for each source seperatly. In my case, listening to Music via BT requires a Bass-Level of +1 where listening to TV sounds better with +3 an Blu-Ray with +2.

10 REPLIES 10
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 feature request

Hi Macavity,

Thanks for the post!  

No problem for the double post, it's fine 🙂

Great recommendations.  I'm going to pass these up to the development team.

Best Regards,

Brandon

sha_gav
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

Hi Brandon,

have just installed a soundtouch 300 and sub and all is going we a couple of requestes

from the app would be great if you could selet TV as the source (same as you can with soundtouch or bluetooth)- have 4th gen apple tv with samsung panel which is controlling everything great but if your listening to soudtouch music and then want to listen to a HDMI ARC source i have to get out the bose remote which could just stay in the draw otherwise

as per previous poster ability to dive sub level up/down, rear speakers level up/down and ideally a centre channel (dedicated 5.1 mix or simulated dialoge) up or down also.

also with the headband setup mic i have installed my 300 on the wall, at the completion of the setup the voice guidence says to remove the headband to complete installation. is there a way the headband can be left in place and changes updated - would like to leave headphones installed and tucked behind tv - rather that having to unscrew the whole system off the bracket and put back on again if i want to do an automated room delay setup

jaybo41
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

I'm in full agreement with the previous comments.  The app is missing features, many of which are I feel are critical to the overall enjoyment of the products.  I really enjoy using the Soundtouch 300 + AM Module for watching TV and listening to music, but switching back and forth between the two can only be done via the remote.  That's cumbersome.  Also controls are needed within the app to control volume, bass and dialogue settings of each respective device. 

I've seen this mentioned in other threads, but I feel it's worth repeating.  Obviously with the Soundtouch series, it's meant to be the Bose competitor with Sonos.  Assuming you're not experiencing the issues many have reported and can enjoy the soundtouch 300 + AM module with TV, the critical missing link is with the app's functionality.  I've not played with it but Sonos appears to be in the lead in that regard as more features appear to be available.  I considered both Sonos vs. the Soundtouch System and went with Bose because I really felt the sound was significantly better for my needs and the appearance of the hardware itself was more to my liking.  The good news is I think Bose has the ability to view the framework that's been laid down by the Sonos App and tap into suggestions from forum members. If they do this, I believe they can greatly improve the ecosystem and as a result sales. 

TableRocked
Advocate
Registered since

May 15, 2016

I believe Bose should redesign the bracket so it maintains the proper distance from the rear ports and the wall and also would allow one to hook up the headband mic setup without having to unscrew everything.  I hope Bose folks will read the forum and reply with a timely solution.

Pourpete
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2017

Hey Bose, longtime customer with too many Bose products I've loved to list.

Soundtouch 300 is a great upgrade to my 3-2-1!

I am also committed to the Amazon Alexa for my Smarthome. So, here is a request for your development team. It is so easy for me to ask Alexa to play some music, but I need to press the Bluetooth button on my Bose remote control to play the audio on my Soundtouch 300. 

Why can't it automatically switch the Soundtouch to Bluetooth, or at least give me the ability to say "Alexa play xxx on SoundTouch?"

Thanks!

Frank_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@ Macavity

To your first concern I have good news.There is now a volume control option with-in the SoundTouch App. This allows you to increase and decrease the volume of your virtually invisible 300 rear speakers.

Currently saving source specific settings is not a feature but i will forward it to our engineering team for investigation.

@Pourpete

We are working to release an Alexa skill coming in 2017. There’s a post on it HERE.

mattius
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Theres another post about Alexa skill here HERE, don't get your hopes up, it was promised Q1 2017, some mods say it will be Q2 2017, some just say 2017, who knows? lets just anounce new features 6 months in advance and give no updates since...groooannn....

Macavity
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

@Frank_G

Thx - this feature was really a great surprise with the last update but I forgot to say "thank you" here in the forum. So I do it right now: Thank you BOSE!

TableRocked
Advocate
Registered since

May 15, 2016

I don't use Alexa, but thanks for the new feature.