Re: SoundTouch 300 power off

Yes and/or on.

charlie_ceralde@yahoo.com.ph
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

To Bose Moderator,

It is more than one month from now we did not receive any developement, where the LED light should dim when on standby or power saving mode for the ST 300. I have tried re-starting and doing the factory re-setting but it did not help, I still have that bright LED when on stanby or power saving mode. I would apprecite it very much if you could consider this in your engineerng department as top priority.

Many thanks,

Charlie 

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

My light does not dim either.  I don't see it as a defect.  It's not a problem for me.

Jlpaz80
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Dear Moderator,

I have the same issue with the lights not dimming while the SoundTouch 300 is on stand by mode. It’s been over 2 months since this issue was reported on these posts, are there any new developments on this issue?
Camilli
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2018

Hi did you get it sorted? Just bought the sound bar having issue with a light on..many thanks
Kamike
Jlpaz80
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Hi!

Unfortunately I have not received any information from Bose. I have to say I was expecting so much more from Bose Customer Service, totally disappointed.
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Why is that a problem?  Who cares, it works great and sounds great.

TarlikaP
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

The issue is that Bose should address customer concerns considering how expensive their products are.  I was really frustrated in the beginning with the products becuase of the following issues: 

1. Unit would tunr off after a couple of hours.

2. Loss of connection between SoundTouch and TV.

3. Power save mode LED light does not dim.

I spent hours on resolving issues 1. and 2. - this included searching on Bose Community for solutions and working with tech support. 

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Issue one is a non-issue.  It's a user setting.  Issue two is due to weak WIFI or an issue with TV.  Issue three is a non-issue.

Yes, the Bose 300 is not cheap, especially when you add the subwoofer and rear surround speakers.  Mine has worked flawlessly and sounds gread.  I love it.