Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

SoundTouch 300 randomly turning off

I purchased a SoundTouch 300 in December.  I am having issues with the soundbar and tv randomly turning off.  It is connected to a Vizio tv using the recommended HDMI port.  I have not had any issue with the sound coming through properly.

When I first used it, the soundbar would turn off on fairly regular intervals.  I searched this forum, found out about the option to disable the auto turn-off feature in the app, and then disabled the feature.  It seems to have fixed the issue with the soundbar turning off at regular intervals.  I do not see any other settings or options in the app that seem to address this issue.  I have also checked whether there are any available updates, but everything is fully up to date.

However, I am still having issues with the soundbar turning off, but it will turn off at completely random times now.  Additionally, when the soundbar turns off, the tv also turns off.  There will be times that the soundbar will operate properly for several days before the soundbar and the tv randomly turns off.  There will be some days where the soundbar and the tv will randomly turn off several times during the day.

I am at a loss as to what to do.  I really like the soundbar, but the random turning off is making me question whether I want to keep using it or whether I should return it. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 300 randomly turning off

You did not say what source was in use at the time. If it was a soundtouch music source (San or Spotify ot Radio for example) and no TV source was in use the Soundbar can be turned off using the Soundtouch app from any device in the network the Soundbar is using.

Your TV may have received an update that affected hdmi cec and thus the Soundbar.

Check the setting you have in the Soundtouch app under the advanced settings, hdmi cec option, I use alternate on.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

Every time it has randomly turned off, the source was the TV.  I have not used the soudbar very much for streaming music, but I have not had any difficulties with it on the few occassions it was used for music.

I forgot to mention that I have tried using the "Alternate On" setting in the app, but I have still had issues with the soundbar and TV randomly turning off.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi bchois226,

Thanks for the posts.

We're sorry to see you're running into this issue; we'd be happy to help.

It sounds like it's a CEC handshake issue that is happening. 

Have you tried turning off Bravia Sync on your TV as well?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support