Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

SoundTouch 300 sub/surround sync problems?

Ok so I have my own special issue. Sub works when conncted to my music on an IPad. Now the wierd one the sub does not work with the television. Reading all the issues I am getting worried that may be I should have bought the Sonos. 

Have the the same issue as others the light for connecting goes on for a coupe of seconds and then off on the sound bar, but stays  on the sub.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: SoundTouch 300 sub/surround sync problems?

Hello howard1408,

If the subwoofer is working while playing music directly off of the iPad, but not through the TV, there could be a couple of things going on here. I have a couple of questions to try to isolate the issue:

1. When you are playing content off of the iPad, are you using a Bluetooth connection to the system, or are you using the SoundTouch application?
  2. When you mention that you are playing content from the TV, are these smart application built into the TV, or are you passing the audio through the TV from a cable box or other device?
  3. Can you verify that the source you are attempting to play is a 5.1 source? Applications such as Netflix should show this when playing content.
  4. What is the model number of the TV?
  5. Can you connect one of your devices, such as a cable box or Roku, directly to the SoundTouch 300 via optical and retest? This would bypass the TV as long as there are no other connections to the SoundTouch 300 other than the optical and power. If you can do this, are you receiving 5.1 audio?

Let us know the answers to those questions, and we can certainly assist from there! Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by howard1408

Thanks for your response. In the mean time I spoke with uk technical support, and after 2 hours the conclusion was that I had been delivered a faulty sub. This was exchanged by the retailer and I am now up and running. 

I have to to say that the amazing amount of negative feed back on this site worries me. I bought Bose as I have always had your product, this sound bar set up was replacing an Accoustomas 15 which ran like a dram for over 10 years, only changed it free a carpet fitter decided to change my system from 5.1 to 2.1 after cutting concealed wires. Nice hey. 

Imwill now now run this stem for a couple of weeks and if it settles down I will then buy the remaining rear speakers.

thanks for your feed back and also please pass on my thanks to Jack at Bose UK.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

I have the same problem. Bought everything 3 weeks ago and setup was a breeze. Yesterday, bass wasn't working. Tried all the troubleshoot options and it still doesn't work. Light on sub stays white but the light on the SoundTouch goes solid white for a few seconds and then goes away.
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

@howard1408 wrote:

Reading all the issues I am getting worried that may be I should have bought the Sonos. 

Wish I did.

The whole ST300 setup is turning out to be a complete disaster. And i'm out $1800 with an incredibly flawed system. Arc issues, sleep timer turning whole system off including tv and xbox, insane lack of bass from system, etc.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hello howard1408,

If the subwoofer is working while playing music directly off of the iPad, but not through the TV, there could be a couple of things going on here. I have a couple of questions to try to isolate the issue:

1. When you are playing content off of the iPad, are you using a Bluetooth connection to the system, or are you using the SoundTouch application?
  2. When you mention that you are playing content from the TV, are these smart application built into the TV, or are you passing the audio through the TV from a cable box or other device?
  3. Can you verify that the source you are attempting to play is a 5.1 source? Applications such as Netflix should show this when playing content.
  4. What is the model number of the TV?
  5. Can you connect one of your devices, such as a cable box or Roku, directly to the SoundTouch 300 via optical and retest? This would bypass the TV as long as there are no other connections to the SoundTouch 300 other than the optical and power. If you can do this, are you receiving 5.1 audio?

Let us know the answers to those questions, and we can certainly assist from there! Thanks!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by howard1408

Thanks for your response. In the mean time I spoke with uk technical support, and after 2 hours the conclusion was that I had been delivered a faulty sub. This was exchanged by the retailer and I am now up and running. 

I have to to say that the amazing amount of negative feed back on this site worries me. I bought Bose as I have always had your product, this sound bar set up was replacing an Accoustomas 15 which ran like a dram for over 10 years, only changed it free a carpet fitter decided to change my system from 5.1 to 2.1 after cutting concealed wires. Nice hey. 

Imwill now now run this stem for a couple of weeks and if it settles down I will then buy the remaining rear speakers.

thanks for your feed back and also please pass on my thanks to Jack at Bose UK.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi howard,

Thanks for the reply and follow-up.  Glad to hear that you are up and running.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon