cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pearl
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2017

SoundTouch 300 sub/surround sync problems?

Hello - i know there are maybe hundreds of similar posts, so apologize if its a dupe. Basically i am trying to get all my itouch songs to show up via WIFI. Now i am getting about 10% of them when i sync/backup and looks like they are showing up in my documents (assuming thats where  songs to to on apple pc - my documents folder) i can also see them in library "songs" however there are a ton of songs that are simply not moving there and thus are not picking up by bose 20 when i look for them. When i try to add songs manually from my device to library the window just opens and says "open" so i click on there and it just adds the same songs over again. 

basically nothing i do can add the remaining 90% of songs to library. any other way to get all the songs to be recognized? (share itunes library is checked, sync with this ipod over wifi also checked)

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
pearl
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 300 sub/surround sync problems?

sorry - the subject somehow got changed to the wrong one - basically having syncing issue, where only small % of songs are moving to "songs" or my documents folder or my playlist, whatever its called.

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi pearl, 

You can map your iTunes library to reside in almost any folder or even on an external hard drive. On a Mac, most users have their songs residing at Users/[username]/Music/iTunes/iTunes media. 

If you've mapped your library to your documents folder, and that's where the 10% of songs reside that are appearing in our app, then you could either locate the missing songs and relocated them to that folder, or consolidate the files in a central location and re-map your library via the Advanced option in iTunes preferences. 

Thank you 

James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Tracks that have DRM or those stored in the cloud will not appear in the app. Files have to be DRM free and stored on your computer (that's turned on) or stored in a NAS drive for them to be available in the app. To play DRM files or those in the cloud, you can use your mobile device to play them through the system using bluetooth.