Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Han_A
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Re: SoundTouch Adaptor Removed From USB

Hi Brandon,

Ok, went through all your suggestions and actually plugged the USB into the front slot - this seems to have resolved the original issue. Now, however, I get a new one telling me there is no network connection. The system is connected both by ethernet and wifi and all other equipment is functioning. Using Unify to install a network connection then creates a network connection, only to be told there is no network connection when choosing Soundtouch. I then took out the Ethernet cable which resulted in being prompted to do a new wifi installation. Went through all that on the app and now got it working again. This is, however, getting slightly tedious.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Han_A,

Thank you for getting back to us with your results. Is it always asking you to connect the adapter to the network, whenever you turn it on to the SoundTouch source? Have you attempted a factory default of the adapter?

Factory default SoundTouch adapter, you may need an extra set of hands.

• Unplug the SoundTouch adapter from the console
  • While unplugged hold the button in while plugging back in
  • continue to hold and you will get 6 white blinks, on the 6th white blink it will stay solid for 5-7 seconds, once this goes out release your finger off the button
  • will go through a blinking pattern for about 30 seconds, once it is solid white, you can then set the adapter back up to your network
  • you will always have to re-add the system to your SoundTouch account after this procedure

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Han_A
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Just to finish this thread as far as I'm concerned. After trying everything I reverted back to Bose and was asked to ship my Soundtouch Adapter to the service centre. All was resolved with no more error messages after the repair.

touficid
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

I think this issue was addressed in one of the recent updates because i’m not having this problem anymore.

I used to see this error message many times per day

Old Sandfly
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2016

Hello Han,

Glad to hear that everythings OK now, my soundtouch adaptors still a bit iffy on start up after the last update but just putting up with it, thanks for your support with this problem.

grk999
Collaborator
Registered since

May 12, 2015

Very useful contributions from everyone thanks.

I have now been asked to return my adaptor to Bose as the sofwtare fix didn't do the job.

I will give an update once i get it back & have tested it