Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old Sandfly
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Adaptor Removed From USB

Hello grk999

Thanks for your comments, It seems that a few of us for some reason are affected by the last system update.

It’s in the hands of Bose I all hope we get a fix soon.

Old Sandfly

grk999
Collaborator
Registered since

May 12, 2015

Hi Brandon,

Any further information on this please? It's very frustrating to have to unplug and replug in the soundtouch adapter to the Lifestyle every time i want to use the Lifestyle for anything, including the TV.

Thanks

Geoff

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hey Geoff,

As of now, it is still under investigation.  Once I can get more information from engineering, I'll make sure to update the thread.

Thanks,

Brandon

Han_A
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Hi there,

This issue has now been around for quite some time. What is the struggle with engineering? Are they aware of the issue, can they replicate it, do they need further information? Why is it taking so long to come up with a new update when it is not only causing serious problems for customers but really also bringing doubts into the ability of Bose to live up to its reputation. I talked with my local store that supplied their system. They told me they don't work with Bose anymore. They don't doubt the quality of the product, it was about the difficulty they had to work with Bose. I tried to do a manual system update using the USB stick. That doesn't even lead me to an update page anymore. Googling and trying to find it led me to a host of pages that all redirect to the general page telling me what to do with my USB stick (no pun intended). It's not only getting frustrating, but I wonder about everyone who is not as IT wary as the few that have found this forum.

Best

kaiserfernando
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Sorry my english .. I'm Italian .. Also to me from bose 525 problems. Every time I listen to spotify and turn on the bose from app tells me the same thing. Usb cable disconnected 😣
Old Sandfly
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2016

Hello my Italian friend,

Looks like we all have the same problem, Han_A has done some excellent work all by himself to try and to resolve this issue.

It’s coming up for 6 weeks since I first had this problem with the update and as others have said there’s no roll back for this issue, it looks like  it’s 100% software problems.

It’s taken Bose quite a while and like others I do feel a bit disappointed with the support from Bose but were are all entirely in their hands.

We have all spent a lot of money in Bose products and have bought into a world renowned brand and deserve the appropriate help and support.

I look forward to some positive response from Bose soon.

Thanks Old Sandfly

kaiserfernando
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Bose has the obligation to fix the bug! They are systems that cost so much and I do not find it right that after 6 weeks there was still no solution ...
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.  I check in daily on the ticket to see if there are any updates, and as of now, it is still under investigation by the engineers.  As soon as I see any movement, I'll update you all on the progress.

Thanks,

Brandon

Han_A
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Hi everyone,

The lack of a solution from Bose has one upside, it gives you time to tinker around yourself. What I did was to remove the ethernet connection it was on and put it back on wifi. Up to now, the problem has not come back. My guess would be there is some kind of instability in the ethernet connection. As the Soundtouch is about 1 meter from the modem I guess ethernet or wifi is not that big a deal. So for now, this seems to have resolved things for me, touch wood.

Han

kaiserfernando
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Hello I have the soundtouch connected to wifi and the problem is present .. so both in wifi and ethernet the problem is present .. Bose still has no information but it is not possible to pay for a home cinema system nearly 3000 euros and have this problem for 2 months .. look like news from bose