Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Re: SoundTouch Adaptor Removed From USB

Hello everyone, 

I'm on a Lifestyle 525 and have had this problem for months. I previously thought it was something wrong with my physical system, tried new USB leads and fully clearing out all the settings however, nothing worked!

Did what every good techie does, and used Google and found this thread. Both glad I have found people with the same problem so I know its not just mine, however, totally p!ssed off with Bose right now. How can you not test this stuff before you push updates out to people? I have spend in the last year £15k in Bose equipment for the house and now two of the most expensive systems don't work for music (one of the major reasons for buying Bose!)

Bose, please consider this yet another voice to the growing list of unhappy customers... The BO store is looking pretty attractive right now for my next tech refresh!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2016

Pete

Thanks for contributing to this long running problem we all seem to be enduring, it’s been 7 weeks since my first post on the update problem.

Some of lads have managed to patch up the problem with ingenious ideas up well done to people for their efforts, but I feel the basic problem is still there to raise its head.

Like yourself I spent over 3K on Bose products last year a lot of money for myself  it was a life time purchase for me.

There seems to be no urgency with Bose to resolve this on-going issue its really sad I think we all feel abandoned.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

No problem Old Sandfly - I can only hope that after we have made enough noise about it, they might consider offering some kind of fix for the issue. As in the in-house tech support, I'm getting my own fair share of complaints about the problems from the userbase family.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Hello All;

Not sure about the rest of you, however, my app posted up today that almost all of my SoundTouch devices had an update available including the two problematic LS525 systems.

Just completed the update and so far so good although the real test is when the system has been off for a while and you try and to play music from the app.

Fingers crossed it’s fixed!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2016

Hope thats you fixed up Pete, with some luck we will all follow you

Old Sandfly

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

I'm not terribly optimistic as our bug is not listed in the relase notes for this set of updates:  SoundTouch Ecosystem Update Available September 21 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

I would agree, although so far so good. Both systems have been turned off and on. Sources switches and back to SoundTouch and so far not a sniff of the issue.

For those interested, I’m running the SoundTouch off Ethernet rather than WiFi.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

Dissapointed to report that this bug persists for me following the September 21st update. I'm using a Lifestyle 135 w a Series 2 Soundtouch adaptor. All Sep 21 updates to the Lifestyle system (and apps) occurred last night. The Soundtouch adapter was fully operational last night follwoing the updates. Then, when trying to access the adapter this morning, I see the dreaded "SoundTouch Adaptor Removed From USB" message - requiring me to disconnect and reconnect the adapter to restore functionality.  

How very disappointing that Bose inadvertantly introduced a bug into a software patch in July that they have been unable to acknowledge and correct two months later in September. This bug requires daily manaual intervention on the part of the user to keep this $2,500 system operational. Unaccaptable. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2015

I think disappointment is one of the standard items you receive in the box when buying Bose.

I too have a LIfestyle 135 and updated this morning. Suffice to say there was no change.

I am puzzled why pointless cosmetic changes ("Recent" to "Just for you") seem to have taken priority  over fixing serious bugs that render equipment virtually useless.

btw this isn't the only serious issue. Just check out the messages.

Buying Bose was one of the absolutely worst decisions I have ever made. £4000+ of kit. none of it seems to work as advertised for one single day without a problem.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi everyone, 

I'm very sorry that this is still ongoing. There is no new information to report other than our engineers are still actively working on this. As soon as we hear of a new development, we will share it. 

Kind Regards