Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danbose
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2017

Re: SoundTouch Adaptor Removed From USB

I have SoundTouch 535 and I have been having the exact same problem.

If I recall corectly it started with the last update about 3 months ago.

kaiserfernando
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

20171016_120405.jpg20171016_121401.jpgGood morning, I'm disappointed by Bose, ultimatum: either fix the issue or next week I sell plant and I do negative feedback! with spotify and bluethott sources it is practically impossible to use soundTouch! I'm disappointed !!!!

kaiserfernando
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

20171016_120405.jpgHello guys, have you downloaded the latest version of soundtouch? My system has updated to 16.0.9, and I still have some problem with usb connection between consoles and soundtouch; This morning I picked spotify and selected the track to listen to the system but after a few moments of playback it stopped and the disconnection message reappeared .. it does not come out anymore!

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your time and patience while our development team investigates this issue. We currently do not have any updates at the moment but as soon as we do, we will make sure to share with the community.

Thanks again,

-Michael

BerlineDeluxe
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Hey Michael,

While the development team has been working so hard on the issue for almost 2 months now, why don’t you tell them to add SoundCloud compatibility at the same time lmfao.
Pete J
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

I've found the solution, guys...

SONOS! - Managed to get some loan kit from an AV dealer. Got a SONOS TV soundbar and wireless speaker. Both work perfectly and the app is much better than the Bose one.

He also gave me an amp which I connected into the back of one of the LifeStyle 525 systems and its the perfect solution. Frankly waiting for Bose to extract a digit and get this problem fixed has destroyed my brand loyalty and I will be actively replacing Bose kit out of the house over the next few years and will be replacing with SONOS. 

They have also a hook into Apple Music if that is your streaming service of choice. 

So Bose, 15-year + customer lost. Hello SONOS!

DocBose
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

same issue here.  they have replace the soundtouch adapter and the USB cable... no better

Alan B
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

I have a Bose 135 System.

And I have exactly the same problem as indicated in these postings over the last 4 months or so.

I live in South Africa - and it is evident that this is a Worldwide Problem with this specific Bose product.

The responses from Bose on this thread over these few months seem to be along the lines of ' Please be patient - our Engineers ar working on it' 

Is this major irritation being taken seriously by Bose?

The Bose slogan is - Better Sound Through Research.

Possibly – the sound is pretty good when the system works as it should.

But in our (collective case) – it is evident that the Bose 135 equipment is most certainly not living up to our high expectations!

Rather dissapointing - indeed!

Pete J
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Just wanted to pop an update on the forum.

I got a call from Bose UK Customer Service today. I suspect partly from the conversation I had previously had with the Bose Dealer I bought the stuff from 18 months ago. Got asked the usual questions, have you completed full resets on the equipment, have you changed cables etc etc.

After a while, it was decided by the call agent and his manager that the fault must be hardware related and have asked for me to send the LS525 and the Soundtouch module in for repair.

Don't know if anyone else has had this from Bose, however, they did not believe it was firmware related. 

Might be worth calling your Bose Customer Service team in your own geographies and see what they say.... 

Han_A
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Hi there,

The issue seems to be persisting and we're over two months on from my post which was actually following others. Apart from switching to other products can somebody from Bose please explain why there is such a lack of providing transparent information on what is going on. It seems to me that the basic rules of consumer relations in the 21st Century are based on the idea that if you want to get the word out there that your brand is not worth investing in, its to keep them in the dark when something like this happens. So basically being a big brand you reply to worried customers in the hope that you can hold off the storm. Now there is also a theory that over time people get used to inconveniences and in our household, the now familiar message is greeted with an 'I knew I should have switched on 15 minutes earlier to allow for this quirky Bose failure'. But somehow it doesn't feel right. So I guess what I'm trying to say in a nice way this is a situation where as a consumer you are at the wrong end of the stick having invested into something the manufacturing company seems totally incapable of solving. I know there is a multitude of engineers out there working day and night to solve this in the same way we were able to get the Apollo 13 crew back. But somehow I doubt it and I'm beginning to feel that Bose doesn't really give a **bleep**, doesn't feel its worth investing in a solution. From a firm that as a consumer I've given my trust too, my money, and I praised when others asked how I felt about my sound system, that feels like a big letdown. Especially when I keep getting emails trying to entice me to invest in even more of there genius products. Bose, get your act together, either solve this problem or at least admit you are incapable of solving it or tell us what the heck is going on and why it's taking this long to find what is going on inside your own operating system. Now I know this message will not make a difference, but maybe if we start floating it on social media rather than in this cosy forum, someone concerned about the Bose brand image might start to take notice. Just a thought, but I'm really getting to the point where I as a consumer would like to be taken serious.