Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old Sandfly
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Adaptor Removed From USB

I posted the original problem nearly 4 months ago, it is deeply disappointing that the problem still persists even after the latest firmware was installed.

Sometimes it starts OK then there are other times it can start after a 2nd or 3rd attempt without going through the disconnecting and reconnecting procedure.

I’m sorry Bose but it’s now getting a bit too much the bottom line is we have all spent a lot of money here buying into a world renowned brad thinking we have bought a quality item only to wonder whether or not it will start when we switch it on……it is a basic requirement for all equipment it’s not too much to ask that it just works

Well Bose where do we go from here?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience on this issue.  We have deployed a beta test build to several users, and are currently compiling their responses and findings with the new software.  I still can't give an exact date for when this fix will be pushed globally, but stay tuned to the community for more information.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Pete J
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Hello Brandon, 

Thanks for your post and some encouraging news for those of us who have been experiencing this issue for months, however, I would like to comment that it's extremely disappointing that it would appear that no one on this thread has been invited to take part in the beta testing, the people who are actually having the problem.

I personally would request that I would like to be added to this beta programme. 

Han_A
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Well, we're two months on from the last post in this forum and I don't know about the others but my problems have not been solved, despite updates from Bose since. So the million dollar question is of course what to do now. How long does this need to go on before someone from Bose actually acknowledges there is a problem and that they don't have a clue on how to solve it. I get emails from Bose on a weekly basis telling me how great their latest products are. I just smile when I see them and think: yea. Seriously, can our moderator give us any idea of where we stand or does this really require a worldwide action from disappointed clients?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Han_A,

I'm sorry to hear about that!  

With the 17.x software update that was pushed on November 28th, this USB issue was corrected.  Is your system connected to Wi-Fi and completely up to date?

Thanks,

Brandon - Bose Support

Han_A
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Hi Brandon,

Connected via WiFi and the firmware for the Soundtouch is showing 17.0.8

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Thanks for the info.

That's surprising that it's still happening. 

Are you able to use SoundTouch on the system and play music at all?  Does it drop and give you the error screen intermittently?

I'm sure this is the case but I want to be 100% positive: Do you have both the USB and BoseLink cables going from the SoundTouch Adapter to the back of the Lifestyle console?

If you press and hold the setup button on the front of the console for 10 seconds, the TV will show a 'System Information' screen.  What is the console software listed as?

Let me know so we can get this resolved for you ASAP.

Best,

Brandon

Han_A
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Console software is showing as DEF.02.15.00r13

Han_A
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Just received another update, we're now at 17.0.12 with console software showing DEF.02.15.00.r13174 (ignore the previous post please)

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Han_A, 

Thank you for responding. I'm sorry that you're still experiencing this. If you haven't done so already, can you turn the system off and then press the power button on the front of the console for 5 seconds? This will reboot the system. If this doesn't fix it, please unplug the SoundTouch adapter and USB cable, reconnect and re-test. If this doesn't resolve it, please try to use the USB port on the front of the console. Do you have another USB cable you could try? Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support