Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 13, 2016

SoundTouch App Requests

I posted these requests/suggestions on the "old" site beginning of December and I'm not sure if they are lost in the bowls of so many posts. So I'd like to reopen this here. If this is not the right place, then please point me in the right direction as to where this would be.

Bose SoundTouch future features/enhancements:

• AUX input sync to all speakers (same as bluetooth)
  • Stream from SoundBar 300 to all SoundTouch devices
  • Separate treble and bass sliders for all devices (or even better, an EQ) I'd like more control over these features as the HW can handle more than it currently produces
  • Possibility to add more bass than just “0” and -4 to +4 on the SoundBar 300 & Sub system (need more bass)
  • Bring back the Recent list and add a favorite list
  • Add the presets to the side bar as well and make them more prominent
  • Possibility to add more than just 6 presets
  • Volume control must be better than it is, currently cumbersome, must be quick and easy especially when playing on all devices.
  • The app has a lag in performance (changing volume, playing on all devices when changing a track, etc.)
  • App & Devices drop connection and then reconnect (this is NOT my wifi or my Internet connection) I have tried and tested this in detail. So please look into this urgently.
  • Performance and reliability enhancements, App startup is slow, enhance this
  • Better and faster overview of the devices, I currently have 7 and it is very cumbersome to scroll through them one-by-one. 
  • Give the user (us) more customization possibilities, thumbnail size, sorting, startup page, possibility to change the apps color scheme (black, grey, white etc.), possibility to adjust the size of the left column (Desktop & Tablet versions)
  • Add Apple Music
  • Alarm clock function
  • Stereo paring of the ST 20 and 30 units

These are not in order of importance but just some ideas for improvement. Thanks for looking into this and maybe some feedback at some stage.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch App Requests

Hi dilby,

Excellent list of requests.  Thank you!  We will make sure they get over to the development team.

Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Feature Requests
Stereo Pairing for the other ST speakers (20 and 30)
Aux input sync to other speakers
BlueTooth 5.0(HD)
Selectable Bass and Treble
Add Apple Music, Tidal and Stingray subscription services
Keep the remote - works great!
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

Oh, so there are two feature request threads... I'll add mine here and see which thread wins in the end.

• Chromecast support
  • Bluetooth AptX support
  • High Res FLAC support (at least 96kHz 24bit, since there's ALAC support for this quality)
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2014

• Better and faster overview of the devices

Completely agree! I only have 3 soundtouch devices and selecting the device is very clunky. Selecting the device would benefit from something similar to the presets shortcut, listing all the devices and then selecting them by a single touch.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Brandon please could you ask the development team about having a list of internet stations on app and available rather than be confined to 6 presets. The Naim Muso has this facility, although it only has 5 presets, on the app one can save up to 30 stations asfavourites and access them with a press on the name rather than having to type and wiat for them to come up. Cannot understnad but would wish that this amendment to app would be considered.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @jerpoint,

Absolutely, I'll get your recommendation sent to the software development team.  

@JohnnyT,

With the most recent update, is the issue still happening?

Thanks,

-Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 3, 2017

• Separate treble and bass sliders for all devices (or even better, an EQ) I'd like more control over these features as the HW can handle more than it currently produces

I agree with this completely. The treble is lacking. PLEASE, if you can, provide a way to adjust treble. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2014

Been asking for full tone control since my first days of ST20.... through Stereo JC.... changed to soundtouch cinemate 520 to fix this as it has both.... fingers crossed hey!
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 22, 2017

I would like to request for the following: 

1.  When discovering or searching for the ST speaker, an Advanced button will allow me to manually enter the IP address of the speaker; and 

2.  Enable ST to choose 802.11a radio (including 802.11a/n protocol) over 802.11b radio (including 802.11b/g) if the RSSI value is good, like -60 dBm (or better).