cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdcadad
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2015

SoundTouch App - Unable to access music library on Windows 10 PC (media streaming)

I recently replaced a hard drive in my computer with a fresh install of Windows 10 (PRO).  After getting my system up and running again, I got my Soundtouch app installed and was able to connect to my wifi and play Pandora, Spotify, etc.  After going to the "settings" and clicking on "add service" I added/configured the path to my music library.  After a few minutes all of the songs were shown on the menu, however, when I went to play the song it either did nothing (blank screen) or it would say "Hmm that didn't work". 

The problem is resolved after contacting bose Soundtouch customer service.  I wanted to make sure that others might see this "fix" before having to contact customer service themselves.

FIX:  Click on the "search bar" and type in "Media streaming" <enter>

Make sure streaming is turned ON and that all devices are "Allowed".  

This resolved the issue for me.  I wanted to make sure this was posted as I was unable to find any other posts with this information.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: SoundTouch App - Unable to access music library on Windows 10 PC (media streaming)

Author Accepted Answer selected by gdcadad

Hello gdcadad,

Thank you very much for posting this, we are sure others will find it beneficial!

Best Regards,

- Emmet

Bose Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: SoundTouch App - Unable to access music library on Windows 10 PC (media streaming)

Author Accepted Answer selected by gdcadad

Hello gdcadad,

Thank you very much for posting this, we are sure others will find it beneficial!

Best Regards,

- Emmet

Bose Community

View solution in original post