JonHeyes
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

SoundTouch App Viewing File Structure Of Music Files

I have been given a SoundTouch 20 as a present and am more than happy with it performance wise. However I am having some issues with the App. I have my music library on a WD MyCloud which I can access via the app. On the NAS I have the files carefully organised by artist and then by album. I can find no way to view that structure via the app. I can go in to By Folder and see the folders in the order I have set them up but when I go into a specific album the tracks are shown in alphabetical order and not by the numeric number they have been given in the album properties. For example in The Beatles Abbey Road the correct track order is Come Together followed by Something followed by Maxwells Silver Hammer and so on. This is the order I want to play them in.  In the By Folder view the order comes up Because, then Carry That Weight, then Come Together and so on in alphabetical order and will only play in that order.

My request for help is this, is there a way that I can search my music library via the app to see the folder structure I have set up and access the individual albums so that they play in the correct sequence?

3 REPLIES 3
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch App Viewing File Structure Of Music Files

Hi JonHeyes,

Thanks for the post.  Does this happen with all albums?  It may be an ID3 tag issue.

It's not possible to view folder structure in the SoundTouch App.  I'll send this up as a software request to the dev team.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

srmadras
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

This happens with all my albums too, the SoundTouch app picks tracks up alphabetically not in the album order.

Is there a fix?

JonHeyes
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

There is no fix yet. I had a reply from the Bose support team who said it would be put forward as a request to update the firmware.